2022 Formula 1 Season: Official Discussion Thread

What are they doing irl lap wise?
Is f1 2022 any good?

I had 2018 and I really liked all the practice objectives where you have to manage the settings of the car/ECU or try to save fuel, etc.

2022 seems to have a fair number of glitches.

Thought about getting it but I bought 2021 and played for probably two hours total. I don’t like the odd driving style you need to adapt to be fast. Plus games like that that come out every year feel the same every year.

Especially when you can drive the W12 on iRacing

1 Like

That’s the insane Merc f1 car right? That thing is amazing. Brake at the 50 not the 100 lol. Much downforce, such wow.

3 Likes

Well, Piastri to McLaren I guess

Ricciardo to his vineyard?

I miss the Uncle Carlos and nephew Lando days. Their non-racing lifestyle content was fun. Carlos seems like a Mensch.

Now that’s a pit stop battle:

Uncle Seb is not messing around. I like how he gave serious thought to going two-off on pit entrance to get around a cheeky Lewis.

Lol the alpine spot is empty.

Alfa withdrawing end of this year. Could that be an in for Andretti?

I was reading that technically they can have 13 teams but there seems to be resistance to the idea of adding a new team. Is it because of profit share?

This is more to do with Audi, than Andretti.

The team principles talk about ‘value’ for a reason. It’s atrocious in my opinion and the antithesis of motorsport competition. With more talk about sprint races, and points paying sessions my interest in the sport is fast decreasing.

I actually liked the sprint race they had at Imola. But fixing the team participation count just smacks of economic manipulation.

Yeah I just read they are taking 75%, paying more than Andretti was prepared to for less shares.

Hehe it’s a club, then, and f1 is an exclusive form of club racing. :grinning:
I want a really rich guy who can barely drive make them an offer they can’t refuse.

3 Likes

Gonna be fun to watch all those guys fight back through.

3 Likes

Was there some sort of collective naughtiness?