2022 SKUSA Pro Tour @ New Orleans Official Thread

Dom’s a wildcard. Sometimes he’s the eternal pacifist, sometimes he’s Sun Tzu. Keeps the opposition on their toes.

2 Likes

No, of course not. It was just so pointless in that Ryan was like “well ok,…push” it was so easy for Ryan to take the spot back, TWICE.

1 Like

The thing you also need to keep in mind is that generally Ryan is going to have a target on his back a bit. You get guys like him or Lemke in a race, and at the top level, literally the rest of the field is (or should be) thinking, “do NOT let them get away. If they pass me, I’m going right back by no matter how aggressive it needs to be,” because letting someone like that get clean air where they can utilize their relentless consistency is a death sentence for your race.

That has slightly different meanings to different drivers on how far they want to push it. If you’re a hyper aggressive (aka dirty) driver, you also have to keep in mind that if you continue to lean on people that way, no one is going to cut you a break out there. I think you saw that from the offending driver in Ryan’s clip this weekend. It was clear he had no friends in that race. So is it worth it to use up all your goodwill trying to hassle a guy to keep him from getting away? Sometimes, yes it is. Sometimes it’s better to keep your calm and work with someone to try and get the job done in a more patient way.

As the eternally wise guru Kenny Rogers once said, “you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run”.

1 Like

Yes and Ryan showed them why he’s the Boss. He is an actual pro and handled it correctly and efficiently. It’s like he was shooing a fly.

Love the show and all other associated content. It is all very eye opening for a newbie to the sport. Also, if you want some real drama, find the micro dads and keep a camera on them. Grown ass men yelling about 8 year old kids being idiots…

Had no idea that guy did Brueckner dirty. Nick is a class act. When practicing at Speedsportz on a slightly damp track, he stopped his sessions to help my son pull the kart out of the weeds 2 or 3 times. I asked my son if he was thankful for the help (he was) and told him he needs to do the same when he is able.

3 Likes

The only question I really have after watching Happy Hour and seeing the events from this weekend, and the last several weekends, is it seems like it’s always the same family involved in these “disrespectful” driving instances. Is that the case, or is it just what’s being shown?

Edit: I’ll leave my comment above, but I will add to it. After watching Xander’s apology video for how Happy Hour went, I will say this to my comment. It may appear to be the same person, or family, but that may only be because they are fast, up front where the camera focus is, and that with the races having “air” time, that it’s more prevalent to see. So, as Xander apologized, it could just be circumstance to what’s being shown.

There will always be people who have different definitions on “fair racing”, and they usually stick to their interpretation of what that means. I think most in the paddock know who to watch out for on the track.

Can you make me a new livery using this?