Consistency between US circuits for weights/tyres

Im not… the sport is expensive already. at least everything within 600 miles of me all run the same tire companies. (mg and Lecont). Weights are definitely high, Im not a huge fan of that, especially as a 5’11 138lb teen. The weights in each class are pretty standard across New England.

That would become pretty expensive, (especially for people who run tires for multiple races), Needing a different tire compound for each track. It would create gaps in the field. Im all in favor of making karting simpler, cheaper, and more competitive.

@Alan_Dove are we talking national tire Company mandate, or the exact tire compound mandate? I dont think it makes sense to have any nationwide tire mandate, especially since there arent any widespread rule sets for karting in america.

I havent had any problems with tire rules, but obviously its different in other places so I cant say for them

The only thing that bothers me about spec tire rules is it makes people not want to come for a one off race at the track if they would have to buy a set of tires for just one race.

We have an open tire series here… Lots of different tires ran and tires aren’t what wins the races. We took old YLC’s and beat a field full of Hoosier R60As, Vega Yellows (6") and Vega Reds. Took old YLCs and finished 2nd in a field full of R60Bs. This isn’t dirt, tires aren’t special, imo. Open tire series are fine, but the clubs and tracks typically benefit financially from the tire contract and I’m fine with that. I just wish everyone in a region would gravitate towards the same tire. 3 tires within 2.5 hours is kinda dumb.

In a way I’ll have to disagree a bit James. While certainly the need to go the distance is most important make no mistake about it road racers are searching for speed as well.

Right, but you’re searching for speed over 25min run vs 8. The point of inflection is different such that running typical “soft” compounds is not advantageous.

At least in my experience.