Gopro radiator mounting

Hello All,

I was curious as to what I should use to mount my gopro to the top of my radiator. I got the 3m sticky pads which seem to be pretty sticky, but I was wondering if there was something else that was recommended?

Thank you I appreciate your input.

Clean the surface but the sticky pad is good enough. I have yet to have one come off.

1 Like

Ok sounds good, appreciate the response

I can’t speak to the non Go-pro branded ones, but the OEM ones are on permanently once installed. I removed one from helmet and it took off the paint.

1 Like

I have had these mounts on for 7 years

1 Like

Some people have had good luck with the stickies, if you clean it and maybe very lightly scrath it with sand paper than it should be good. Make sure you get good stickies though. My gopro is on my front fairing and I have it screwed in, but you cant do that on a radiator. Attach a zip tie to the gopro and something else so in case it unsticks youre not out of a $300 camera

1 Like

Yea I’ve had it fall off before lol, it was my fault but it wasn’t fun hearing my camera fly off and bounce down the track.

please tell me that was a rock and not my gopro
sort of funny story, I cracked my screen and didnt know how, so I re watched the footage, lo and behold, someone elses camera fell off and hit mine. (i thought it was a weird rock at first)

1 Like

Never had an issue with the GoPro Branded 3M stickies. I have however, I had the OEM base snap. Sent my camera flying. Fortunately it was in a skeleton case. After that I always attach some kind of tether. On the radiator, you can use the upper mounting shaft. Its close and prevents the camera from dragging the ground if it comes off. A side benefit if you are running an older model with no image stabilization, the water in the radiator will act as a dampener.

2 Likes

You can pass a couple off cable ties through the small gap at the top of the matrix core, then cross them over your gopro mount. That ain’t never coming off.

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, what is the matrix core? Never heard that term before.

Thank you

The blue pill… maybe? I think he means threading it through the base and then through the frame of the clamshell.

1 Like

This bit is the matrix core

At the top there are small gaps where you can pass cable ties. I have my energy here at home I’ll put a pic tomorrow

1 Like

Oh, I see now. That makes sense.

1 Like

Feed a couple of cable ties through those little gaps, then you can properly secure the gopro mount with them. I never fit a mount on the rad that I don’t secure with cable ties, the heat in the rad weakens the adhesive. Remember if you wanna remove a gopro mount from something you use heat to make it easier to remove.

2 Likes

Alot of places are disallowing radiator mounting now.

God forbid a 3 oz camera gets loose. I’ll throw one at the insurance adjuster if they’d like to see if it can hurt them.

2 Likes

Don’t you know? If those things break the world will end!

1 Like

It has so little mass and decelerates so quickly, it seems like a silly thing. But, I am not a physicist.

1 Like

Seriously?!!! Man my fusion doesn’t come adrift from the rad n that’s as aerodynamic as a brick

1 Like