Gopro radiator mounting

P.S. it did once…why’d you think a started cable tying the mount :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I lost mine once. It was because I used an off brand clamshell that didn’t stay closed. In any case, it flew off the kart going into the top chicane at NJMP, bounced across track, hit barriers and filmed the grass happily till the batteries ran out.

I have never had a sticky mount fail or a mount break.

Tethering the camera is also a good practice for when an over-enthusiastic past attempt results in your radiator being mounted like a bison in heat.

2 Likes

I’m surprised tethering isn’t mandated to be honest.

A gopro to the chest or hands\fingers will hurt. A lot. Esp if it hits you on it’s corner or the mount.

On audio, compact cameras have a lot going against them due to their form factor. Small mic, hard mounted internally makes it pretty challenging.

You can get rid of a lot of wind noise with a “dead cat” or other wind breaking cover though.

https://amzn.to/3tmRq0Q

I am a big fan of those wind baffles. For a few bucks they work wonders.

I was running a skeleton case on an older Hero 3 Silver with a J mount to a sticky base (all OEM) on top of the radiator. The curbing at NTK’s 4,5 & 6 are brutal. Fastest way through the esses is to bounce the curbs. Anyway, while running the course backwards, the J broke and sent the camera flying. Truth be told, the camera and skeleton case held up fine and continued filming until I found it and turned it off. Ever since I have used a tether as a backup. It took me 15 minutes to find the camera. :rofl:

Mine came off my rear bumper - went trundling down the track end over end, somehow not scraping the lens, which isn’t replaceable! Still works fine afterwards.