How to fix overdriving of corner entry?

This is a common issue for me and I am wondering what I can do to fix it?

I’m actually not trying to be a jerk here because the answer might sound a bit obvious, but slow down earlier before entering the corner. That’ll help you from entering the corner too fast.

2 Likes

Most folks look at a corner and want to figure out how to go fast in to it or through the corner. If you can change your mentality to figuring out how to exit the corner with as much speed as possible, you should be able to correct the situation.

What I tell the drivers I coach is that I don’t really care how deep you drive in to the corner, I care how fast you are coming out of the corner. Lift and brake wherever you have to in order to get back on the gas as early as possible. And also it is not imperative to be on the gas or the brake - if you need to roll speed in a neutral state (no gas or brakes) to keep the kart from stepping out, that is perfectly acceptable tool to get the desired results.

Mostly I have to tell the parents to quit telling the kids to drive deeper in to the corners in reality… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Have you grabbed @Terence_Dove’s book yet?

It’s probably the best $24 you’ll spend in karting ---->

https://store.kartpulse.com/product/learn-how-to-master-the-art-of-kart-driving-terence-dove/

1 Like

I’d agree with that. An easy way to stop overdriving corners is focusing on exiting them better.

1 Like