I made a video recap of my first season of karting in KA100!

This year was my first season of karting! I started racing with the Colorado Karting Tour from round 5 of the 2018 season in the KA100 class, and I’ve had an absolute blast so far! I’ve met some amazing people and some amazing drivers. It is hard to imagine a more hospitable and stand-up crew than this fantastic group of Colorado racers! I already can’t wait for the next season :slight_smile:

Anyways, the last race of the season was on Saturday, so I spent some time yesterday going through my video from the season and compiling a short re-cap! Hope you enjoy it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well done. Nice podium and nice vertical vid gag at end.
You should record your races so you can go back and see what you did well/badly. I find it helpful, personally.
Also maybe move the camera bit higher on the faring so you can see what your feet are up to. Lots to be learned there.

Also, you have a lot of sky in Colorado.

1 Like

Thanks Dom! I wanna try pointing the camera a bit downward to catch more of my feet. There seems to be enough field of view to pull that off without relocating it, but I can do that too if pointing it down doesn’t work. I recorded all the races but the first one because my gopro mount wasn’t very secure and I didn’t wanna risk a black flag for a failing gopro mount in my first race (turns out I DNF’d anyways because of a chain, so I didn’t miss much action). I totally agree about the video being useful. I try and record every practice session and every race day and then keep all the video afterwards as well so I can go back and review later. It’s definitely worthwhile.

There is nothing better than a Colorado sky!