Jimmy Broadbent drives an X30 (video)

One thing that would be cool would be an “Adam LZ”of Karting.

He more or less started drifting as a fun hobby, bringing his BMX following along the way. Shows his mistakes, makes a good story, good humor. Four years of that and he arrives in Formula Drift with a pretty massive following.

It’d be interesting to know if Jimmys videos have helped bring interest to the arrive and drive programs that he’s used for these 2 videos.

1 Like

That’s what AIR Motorsport are hoping. :slight_smile:

I’m guessing that was the intent of each of those teams in doing the days with Jimmy. It would be great to know if it paid off for them or not. You could have similar arrive and drive teams or setups then mimic that in the states as exposure and a path to try the sport.

That would be interesting to know. Jimmy didn’t make it an ad by not going too deeply into the whole “call these guys and come try karting” thing.

But, When I first started it would have been helpful to know that these programs existed. Looking around on the internet found me karting schools (a few) and lots of recreation kart stuff. To get in a “race” kart, the most suitable thing I found was Jim Hall out in CA. (Which was great. Sadly he had to close.)

Had I known that most teams could accommodate with some form of supervised arrive and drive, my first couple years karting would have been different.

1 Like

I believe Mike Jones at DKC is doing more “Test Drives” than before. Sort of Rent the Kart for an afternoon (or what ever) to give it a try before you commit to purchase. Would be nice to see this turned into an “Introductory Class” at the next race event. Maybe 4 or 5 entries with a You Break IT, You Buy It policy. It would certainly require some prior seat time before letting absolute novices out onto the track together. As it stands, their Rental Karts require qualifying times before they will let you into the next faster kart.