Sim Racing Megatopic

i didnt know about this thank you

1 Like

Just completed my first team endurance stint. Nurburgring at midnight is actually a lot of fun.

We got 7th in our split. Team racing is quite fun. I also gained 2.2 SR with 11 incidents :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s awesome, I was watching VRS team and they are absolute animals. How many drivers do you guys have?

We had six. Fridays 5th split, Carfoolery Racing. I got asked to fill in on Monday, didn’t turn any laps until Wednesday, and barely strung two together until I got In The car for the race. Our team leader was doing 8:10 -8:16 laps consistently. I managed an 8:27 in my morning session. At midnight it’s a lot slower.

It was also my first time in the 911 GT3 R

Your average lap time does not seem to be that bad, and you beat your team lead in average lap time too!!! Assuming he has a accident need a tow?

Just notice P5 team only have 2 drivers, thats crazy!

There was a disconnection at one point while I was trying to nap.

As many of you are aware, Kk was acquired by motorsport games and is now being sold as a finished game, despite it not being even close to that.

The roadmap now shows a 2.0 version slated for 2024.

In some ways that’s great, perhaps an upgrade to unreal engine 5 and the like.

However, the company took a huge hit on their stock price over the last year. Not sure about their finances overall.

Hopefully they can make 2.0 happen. It’s a bit uncool, imho, calling an unfinished product done and putting it on market as completed at full price. But that’s what happened.

Given that the NASCAR game market is so much larger, I would assume that they are more interested in developing those titles than KK. I think it’s fair to assume that the money earned from KK might not find its way to furthering that title. One can hope, however.

Based on all the reviews of the NASCAR game, I don’t think they’re interested in developing that one either. :sweat_smile:

Interesting though. Not sure how you can drum up interest in a sequel with how the acquisition and release of KK went.

I give up the game after the cross kart was released. I think they went from a kart simulator to a kart themed race game now.

I have not simmed in weeks, now. I popped into MP and it was me and two other guys, that’s it.

There is nothing to hold my attention. I’m kind of over hotlapping in TT for now.

True but the kartkross is pretty nuts. I enjoyed it. The monster kart is too much tho! So hard to drive.

They are crazy fun to drive. but there are some many engines they can add and as well as chassis, but they choose to add something completely off the topic while 206 was really what community want. If there are a dirt track that will make sense.

1 Like

A bit about Unreal Engine 5, which is what the next Gen of games will use:

@tankyx

As a software developer that understands this stuff, can you give an inkling of what this means for us in Sim Racing context? VR and screens?

Are we gonna need more power?

I’ve been away from KP for a while. But I have been in the sim a bunch. I believe I saw Tanguy in a Miata race in the multiclass series yesterday.

I upgraded from a 5NM CSL DD to a Sim Magic Alpha Mini. I was almost immediately helped me be more consistent which helped me be a lot more deliberate in practice and has translated into a noticeable increase in speed.

I started practicing the Porsche Cup car, it’s so difficult to drive but I feel like it’s made me better in other tin tops because it punishes shitty braking and throttle application so hard.

In other news, I’ve been accepted to grad school so I’ve got to put my life on hold for a few years. My graduation present is going to be a race kart, I already can’t wait to be done!

1 Like

I did an hour of TT in Kk last night and enjoyed it a bunch. Maybe it’s time to irace again.

I can’t really commit to the NJMP rental league because it’s held on Wednesdays at 5pm. I have to work from home if I want to race which is problematic. They also have a monthly enduro which I can do.

Ill probably never do this again :flushed:

Ooh Long Beach. Inwas watching multi class racing IRL on tv the other day, it was a very cool race.

Nice laptimes and consistency!!! Is this a new thing for you in sim? It carries over IRL in my experience.

Here’s the race and there was some rubbin! I kinda feel bad for the folks in the GT cars. The LMP cars were moving them around a tad. Sorta like me rental racing, come to think of it.

LB is one of my favorite tracks in iRacing.

I’m usually fairly consistent but I can’t say I’ve ever been that level of consistent. I actually thought I was having a glitch there for a couple laps.

I clipped the wall right after that so I had to sit through repairs, and I really should have put some more rear bar in it.

IMPC runs touring cars and GT4s so there is some shoving by those guys but most tracks it’s avoidable.

1 Like