Larson, Power, Newgarden at USPKS

Very curious to see how these guys do. As TJ mentioned, Newgarden was good in a kart. Power seems to have been running more in the Masters category in the last few years, but also has a lot of laps at GoPro, so he might do alright. Larson is probably in for a rude awakening lol.

2 Likes

I think when me and Nick were at gopro, I might have asked Will Powers wife for restaurant recommendations. My brush with racing royalty.

While I agree on the surface, I would never bet against Larson in any motorsport. He is the 1 driver in the world right now that could sit in any shape seat and be competitive. I donā€™t think he has found anything he cant drive yetā€¦ The kid (I can say that cause I am much older than him) can flat out driveā€¦

1 Like

A bit off topic but has Larson ever been in an Indy Car? Iā€™m definitely not a NASCAR fan but this photo of Larson is too cool not to share.

1 Like

Even if he has the raw pace, being able to survive in the X30 field against a bunch of young hooligans is a whole different story :laughing:

1 Like

Practice 1 done for Pro.
P13 - Larson (+0.297)
P14 - Power (+0.320)
P29 - Newgarden (+0.577)

Honestly those gaps are pretty good for the first practice. The tight and competitive nature of the field unfortunately means that being three-tenths off doesnā€™t get you into the top 10. But surprising first session by Larson especially.

I suspect that gap will increase once rubber goes down and new tires get put on. It seems like thatā€™s where the less in-practice drivers start to struggle. Getting the most out of a new tire when the track grips up can be tough. But who knows!

3/10 is very respectable indeed!! Cmon Josef, letā€™s see some heat.

Practice 2
P2 Power - (+0.172)
P14 Larson - (+0.370)
P37 Newgarden - (+0.913)

New tires for Power @Aaron_Hachmeister_13 ?

1 Like

Will P. is showing serious pace. Podium maybe?

I stand by my prediction that the pros wonā€™t have enough for the karters when the racing gets going. Itā€™s only practice 2.

Will has been quick in a kart before. I think he podiumā€™d in Masters at SuperNats once or at least was running up front?

RPGā€™s team will be so hard to beat though. And thereā€™s so many good young kids in the class now too.

1 Like

Letā€™s hope for a surprise then. Yeah the odds are stacked but it would be quite the upset. And would maybe get some press our way.

Nothing matters until qualifying!

3 Likes

Practice 3
P7 Power (+0.268)
P12 Larson (+0.489)
DNS Newgarden

JoNew give up? Sore ribs maybe? Hunkering down with data?

Furiously whanging on kart with malletā€¦

1 Like

Okay Iā€™ll bite, where will this be televised on? TJ Koyen

Iā€™d watch. Iā€™d pay to watch honestly

I wish it were on tv. Ekartingnews should have live audio.

If nothing else, @XanderClements may put up some footage on KC.

1 Like

I think will had new tires every session yesterday? Heā€™s getting very competitive about this weekend. Iā€™m pretty busy with Austin Olds but Iā€™m not sure what happened to Newgarden third session. Heā€™s been picking up pace every session as he gets used to being in a kart for the first time in 6 years.

1 Like

Qualifying results:

P17 for Power
P18 for Larson (same exact time as Power)
P25 for Newgarden

1 Like