Movies and Shows Containing Karts or About Them

There’s a bunch out there, here’s one to kick things off.
Bikini Beach, 1964. Kart scene is at 1h20min

Side note, I have that green/yellow/blue Sparco suit at :17.

3 Likes

Racing Dreams…

2 Likes

John Shofner’s “Become One”

2 Likes

There’s one Disney movie about kids with a kart. I never saw it but I dated a girl who asked me if I’d seen it. She made it an objective to have me see it sometime but that didn’t happen. Gimme a sec to see if I can find it

1 Like

It’s called Catch That Kid. It has to do with 3 kids using go-karts to steal money from a bank to pay for an operation

3 Likes

Racing Dreams was produced by the Rock, We watched this when we first got started. I used the lap description graphic to help my son learn to corner. It is campy and you can see the some of the “Kart Life” vibe too, but it does seem to be more down to earth and about the kids and not the money and the “crazy”.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t have a movie about karts, but I do have an anime/manga! Capeta!

6 Likes

Capeta is legit! :beers:

2 Likes

Push start karting like a BOSS :brap: :brap:
Capeta got me like :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The detail is freaking awesome.

3 Likes

Capeta is easily one of my top three favorite anime/manga combos.

1. Initial D
  2. Capeta
  3. Any UC Gundam series (MSG, Zeta, 0083 etc)

What an amazing film. Thank you so much for posting this, it truly has propelled my ambitions to the skies. Setting up next family night to watch that and plan for are karting futures. :fishing_pole_and_fish::racing_car::heavy_check_mark:

Not a movie, but close enough.

By far one of my favorite films!

My coworker found a movie about karting from like 2003 called Kart Racer. $2 from Goodwill

20170925_193745

1 Like

That’s a good one actually. Kid races a JICA in it :brap: :brap:

1 Like

But instead of 18k 2-stroke revs, they sub in what sounds like an LS engine for engine noise.

I have all of the Capeta series hosted on my website if anyone is wanting to watch it.
http://www.tuff242.com/capeta.htm

1 Like

What about Wangan Midnight?

1 Like
2 Likes