KartPulse KartKraft Throwdown Season 1

Thanks! I am guessing if you put your mind to it, I’d be gone quick. I am really working the kart over here, using very violent turn ins. It’s definitely too handsy and forceful.

Edit: interesting thing… you only need to brake twice on PFI. The two 180s.

Are you using wheels for this game or gamer pads?

Now I question the realism abit, admittedly I haven’t driven the track in like 15 years (pre flyover) but we were lightweight and on sticky tires and still braked for the chicane after the hairpins and the following 90 right.

@NikG Wheels. I suspect out there are some kids that can drive like this using a controller but they are superhuman.

Dunno about realism. I can tell you that to get through bridge turn, you can use scrub to hook into bridge entrance.

You can also do the 6-7 without brake (but you have to lift, take both kerbs, and likely get all bent out of shape. But doable.

But it’s not the fast way. There needs to be braking in the first sector to go faster than 56, I think. It’s the first thing I started to look for as I try to get lower, actually.

I can’t possibly see how you could properly hit the apex without braking for the turn after you go under the bridge…

@tjkoyen I didn’t say it was good just that it’s possible…

You literally bounce off the apex, drifting wide. Rubber catches you and you are pulled back in line.

It’s slower. That’s why I brake slightly there now. And on entrance to bridge.

Improvement!

I am getting closer to sub 56. I found something new in 1, starting to brake better in 4 and 5. 6-7 has a major bobble. But, I held on and finished it!

56.2 now. Gained on the WR in the last sector so I reckon the ultimate pace is 55.5

Nice work Alan. Where did you find speed?

At the moment I am just still getting familiar with the sim so am not there 100%. I am losing it all in the middle sector so some work to do. I like think more where I am losing speed than gaining. Compared to the wr I think i just carry more speed into the spoon, but not 100% sure. A couple guys have the same last split as me.

1 Like

It can’t be realistic if Alan is up here :see_no_evil:

But without a video, is it even true…

2 Likes

@NikG Btw you were right, I think. I’m getting much more speed going around the lin now.

I didn’t see it before because I was turning in wrong.

@Alan_Dove In s2 are you having issues with the big 180s or the left/right onto the back closing approach?

Worst of all I am racing on my bro’s sim so the leader board has his name, not mine :slight_smile:

I’ll wait for the leagues to start before I go full tilt into practice.

Probably the hairpins. I am braking earlier than the wr just to make sure I don’t crease up mid corner and f*ck the exit. I could soften off the brakes to make it a bit easier, but I don’t see the point.

At least you have your name. I have my gamer tag from when I was top Hibernian assassin on the Pellinor server of dark age of Camelot.

I am starting to kill those. What brakes are you using? Do you get the slight chatter from the front end as the brakes are about to lock?

55.997 now on PFi #1 in UK and #4 Worldwide (the 54 ain’t legit)

Still a ton more pace to find. .5 at least in there

1 Like

Nice work. Where did you make the change? I’ve finally figured out exit of bridge, but with the extra speed, I’m having trouble getting the braking right into 4(? The first switchback).

If nothing else, I’m running neck and neck with my ghost now. Trying to shave off these last few tenths is rough.

Not really making many changes as much as just pounding some laps in and gaining experience. I don’t over think it too much until I am snapping at the heals of a world record.

I would say, as with karts in general, the key is not letting the kart drop too low in the rev range, especially at the spoon corner. The WR loses time there by trying to hard to make the apex that he kills momentum. I actually think you could probably keep it pinned through the last complex too. 55.4 is deffo a possibility.

The spoon is a lot of fun trying to keep momentum going. So subtle, so many ways to hustle through there. I like trying to get through there with one throttle input.

What I find hard with sim is feeling the tires pull out of the big corners (4 especially). Braking is just wierd in general.

In the spoon I just put on a set amount of lock and just let the kart do the work, zero hussle. That’s kinda of hard you deal with it irl.