KartPulse Podcast: S1E01 Mike from Race Monitor

Davin and I are experimenting with a podcast idea. We have three conversations recorded so far. Details to follow once we get them edited and lined up.

We’re thinking of calling it “drinks with kart racers”. The theme is a laid back chat with all kinds of people in kart racing. Sometimes with an adult beverage, sometimes not.

/edit Here’s our first recording with Mike Weatherman from Race Monitor. Let us know what you think.

What would you like to hear on a Karting Podcast? Reply below.

Would be cool to hear from some of the series heads to see what direction they are taking things for 2017. Big news for the Gearup/Fseries is the change to LeCont tires. I believe they will be the first US series to run them.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone really cares about the tires, it’s all hype as far as I’m concerned. But the F-Series is a mover and shaker for sure.

This is a cool idea for sure. Podcasts are great and there’s nothing I love better than talking karting and sipping a brewski with friends.

Just general talk about anything we mention on the forum seems fair game. Series direction, fitness, tuning, bench racing, old karting stories…

2 Likes

I know a guy from Wi we should try it with.
Question: Who can I grill about the KA100?

Sounds like a great idea.

Jamie Sieraci from Franklin Kart probably, I was talking with him about a bunch of stuff the other day, he knows a bit about the KA

1 Like

To give you a sneek peek… So far we’ve recorded with…

Sabre Cook (Racer)
Jenna Grillo (Racer)
Mike Weatherrnan (Race Monitor)

Spoke with these at PRI. We’ve a few others lined up but can’t talk about them yet :wink:

Now having said that, we’re not necessarily looking for just well known names. Moreso interesting people in karting in general.

@KartingIsLife a podcast with Steve Vermeer and Greg Jasperson would be cool. As you know, big things coming from 206 Cup.

If you make it to a 206 Cup race this year. I’d offer up a “fire pit round table” There is always some fun conversation post race that no one cares to listen to on a podcast but we can have a few beverages and bench race. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Don_Westlie those are two great ideas. Hell I don’t even need to be at the firepit, we just need someone to record the conversations. It’s super hard for me to get to races or anything on weekends :confused:
For this year basically PRI is all I could do. I managed an overnighter to TNT, managed a splash and dash at badger on the way back from a family thing in Wi and that was it.

The upside is that it gives us all an opportunity to have fun with this stuff and build the sport as we go

1 Like

Here’s our first sample, a full interview with Mike Weatherman from Race Monitor:

https://soundcloud.com/user-696515659/kartpulse-podcast-episode-1-race-monitor-sample

Enjoyed it. Keep em coming

1 Like

Great conversation James. I’m deeply indebted to Race Monitor for keeping me updated on many of the racers/races I’m trying to follow. I recommend everybody interested in racing of any type puts Race Monitor on their phone to stay in the loop.

3 Likes

Thanks @Dave_Mac that’s a high compliment!

We’ve moved the KartPulse podcast hosting from soundcloud to spreaker and in the process did a little work on the audio. Nothing fancy, but noticed the audio levels were not consistent (Guest loud, host quiet or opposite) I made some corrections (Audio compression) to them.

Of course it’s available in your podcast player of choice too! Despite being recorded a couple of years ago, most of the discussions are pretty evergreen and still relevant.