Rev limiter and my hellish kart

I used all of my creative effort on that for today, so im glad you found a decent one

Low number long straight I like!

1 Like

big number, bunch of turns

1 Like

You may want to make sure you have the right coil on your engine , I think the jr coils hit limiter at 4100 or 4400 you need a 6100 coil

1 Like

Good idea! Thank you, Brian. I will look into that.

I had not got a chance to confirm. I thought there was a lower RPM coil. Hopefully that is it. It is the only thing that makes sense to me with the description of gearing

1 Like

Also, if it does have junior coil does it have junior slide in the carb?

I shall ask both these questions. Thank you both.

Yeah, that sounds like a coil and slide difference - gearing would be difficult to get that far wrong.

On the straightaways, are karts streaming by you left right and over the top? If you’re going 30% slower it’ll look like you dropped the chain.

I dont really know. Ive only driven it twice. The first day I was back with the beginners almost. When I went back last wednesday I was doing lead follow with the guy there and I was pulling on him EOS. But he said his kart was an old one that was tired.

That’s unlikely to be a coil that’s meant for 4100 RPM then. With an adult driver an engine with a junior slide and coil would be about as slow as a Pontiac Sunbird with an automatic.

1 Like

Back to being baffled. Yeah I would think they would be whizzing by. But junior x30 was as fast as senior x30 in fseries when Justin White ran on reds with the junior slide. Hes a super fast driver, though.

Go count teeth on your clutch’s driver. Clean it, use some Wite Out or a white paint pen on one tooth, and figure out how many teeth it has.

If you’re hitting the revlimiter 1/4 of the way down the straight you’ll be able to pull on karts out of the corners and only out of the corners.

I shall have to. This isn’t making sense and maybe signals got crossed via email.

Bahahaha I remember having one of those as a rental at St John’s for a month, mid winter. We used to compete to see who could keep the traction light flashing all the way from the city to the airport every day :joy:

2 Likes

I had one senior year of high school. My track teammates all complained about how slowly it climbed the hills in Worcester MA, and claimed it would be faster to run. I ended up beating it in the 100 meter dash, 12.1 to 12.5.

2 Likes

Also, if your kart handles like a dump truck, your seat’s in the wrong place. Anything can be made to go around corners. Go throw it on two or four scales, tell me what the weight distribution is.

1 Like

Don’t go chasing changes because it feels wrong. Chase changes with a stopwatch.

@Charles_Kaneb in scaling is the driver sitting in the kart? Do I need to be present is basically what I am asking.

@CrocIndy Thank you for that perspective. I will order a mychron lead and start paying attention. I was so unhappy with it and the times were so far off my baseline skill level, It’s tempting to blame setup/kart. I will get closer to fine and tune intelligently, using the clock to infer wether changes make sense.

Are you on Hoosier R80s? Those tires are notorious for pushing in the front. Slow in fast out.

If you’re comparing yourself to non-Ignite karts or Ignite karts on normal tires, don’t. You’ll never keep up.