Similar question to Andy's about variable engine perf

We had an unusual race weekend.

Track was green, but even so, I ran 2s off my normal pace. All Saturday was on old tires. Everyone was experiencing the same thing. One of our hot shoes threw on some new tires to see if it would be better in new tires and proceeded to smoke them in 3 practice sessions (30-40 laps).

We had torrential rain sat night/sun am.
Races on Sunday were dry. In new tires I was approx 1s off pace and again, so was everyone else.

Both Saturday and Sunday I noticed that people were struggling with making revs. At end of straight, where we normally are hitting limiter we were not.

I am assuming if it was atmospheric that this could be a carburetion issue. If that were the case, you’d think someone would have figured that out.

Any clue how mass psychosis can set in and everyone is off pace? I actually did quite well so I feel somewhat confused.

I felt like I had plenty grip (Sunday in new tires) and could lay into things just fine. Why so slow?

Sounds like there was just no grip on the track. So even though you felt good balance, you weren’t cornering as quickly and therefore not getting the run down the straight and not hitting the same RPM.

If it’s the same for everyone it’s the track.

Wierd. Sunday felt almost like too much grip. Thank you.

I’ll send u final when I get it done and you can do your usual and let me know what u think.

If the balance felt like “too much grip”, that probably means the rear was flat because there was no rubber on the track to generate side-bite and inside rear lift.

That’s why I don’t like talking in terms of “grip”. Because in actuality, it sounds like the track had less grip than usual, and because of that, the kart was “tighter”.

Looking forward to the vid :call_me_hand:

Thank you TJ :checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag: