Supernats viewing?

So Norberg did kind of get his from being hit. Granted, the video feed showed mostly those running up front, and didn’t get to see much action in the back… There seemed to be a lot of contact out there this year though, correct me if I’m wrong.

My daughter said she has aims to get good enough to make it out to Supernats 25.

2 Likes

There’s always been contact like that at Vegas. It was a lot worse when I first went a couple years ago and has gotten better, but it’s just a result of running there really. I was hoping to be able to race this year but college has been getting in the way of that recently. Hopefully next year I’ll be able to get out there and drive for once.

What class is your daughter currently running in now? I’d also recommend at least you going out once before you race just to get a feel for it.

the incident in the first few laps seemed like his fault to me

Understandable, you get that many karts on track, and most aren’t used to it, and they are all very close in time, just leads to the inevitable. Watching last year didn’t seem to be as many, but might have just been the footage.

We just moved up to KA100 Jr. this year after being in Mini Swift. She’s got to prove it to us next year, and we’ll finally do a few national races since we’ve only done regional so far. Going to Supernats was her call and something she asked for. We’ll definitely go for the experience.

2 Likes

In some way, you’re never completely free of fault. You’ve put yourself into that situation.

That’s true in most situations but Ryan dived down the inside and had just his front bumper to the other guys rear bumper. He wasn’t turned in on like some people say. But yeah, when you crash it’s always some part or all of your fault

Ah, I was under the impression that she was still a cadet. Vegas isn’t really a great place to bring a child even for SuperNats, but if she’s in junior bring her too next year. Let her see the racing and understand what it’s going to be like out there so she knows what she’s getting into firsthand. Not trying to scare her out of it, but it’s easy to be disconnected from the action on a screen and not knowing what’s going on out there would just make it harder for her to do well.

We’ve had some friends that we race with go to the Supernats the last few years, in basically all the classes. If we get the chance to at least go and watch, it would be good. I’ve heard it is a completely different experience than anything else.

The most karts she’s been on track with is about 18 other cadets, but that’s still not what this will be like.

1 Like

I’ve run fields of 30+ 2 strokes and even the CIK Senior field at the CKNA Grand Nationals this year with 69 drivers, I still think going into Vegas would be completely different from those races. It looks so much more close quarters and since it’s Vegas everyone is going 110% whether they should be or not.

1 Like

Brandon posted video from the final, and I see where he got into the karts in front of him and knocked his bumper. He must have been running one of the newer GoPros because the video was pretty smooth, even with it being on the driver panel as it was flopping around.