Three Major US Karting Brands Join Forces to Offer an all-USA Package

briggs206

(James McMahon) #1

How awesome is this?! Three US karting brands combine to work together. Looks pretty badass too!
I’ve run Hoosiers and been very happy with them.
Which of the three brands here are you running?

From Margay:

We’re excited to announce that Hoosier Racing Tire has been added to our growing line of industry-leading, American-made products — providing our customers with the best products and value. Together, Hoosier Kartsport and Margay Racing are dedicated to growing the karting community starting at the grassroots level.

ST. LOUIS, Mo. (December 06, 2018) – Margay Racing, the leading U.S. manufacturer of racing karts and accessories, announces a new distribution agreement with Hoosier Racing Tire.
As part of the agreement, Margay Racing has become the sole U.S. & Canadian karting distributor for Indiana-based Hoosier Racing Tire, the largest race tire manufacturer in the world and a company solely committed to racing tires.

Beginning in January, 2019, Margay will offer Hoosier Racing kart tires through both the company’s existing dealer network and new dealers at www.hoosierkartsport.com, providing improved product access to the comprehensive range of Hoosier kart tires. Additionally, Hoosier will develop a new tire for applications where longevity is paramount, including the Margay Ignite program.

“As part of our commitment to providing customers with the best products and value, our long-term partnership with Hoosier Racing Tire will allow us to supply kart owners with a high-quality karting tire that is made in the United States,” said Keith Freber, president of Margay Racing. “Hoosier is focused solely on racing tires and their investment in the karting industry will benefit our customers, as the company is dedicated to designing and developing tires specifically for the U.S. karting market.”

Both Margay Racing and Hoosier Racing Tire have been industry leaders for over 50 years and are dedicated to growing motorsports from the grassroots level upward. The companies share similar backgrounds, both started humbly by racing enthusiasts with a passion for the sport and a commitment to making competitive products that are accessible to a wide range of racers.

“We are excited to be working with the Margay team and see Hoosier Racing Tires more widely accessible to kart racers,” said John DeSalle, president of Hoosier Racing Tire. “There are many synergies between our two companies, and we look forward to working with Margay to bring the best kart racing tires to the sport.”

Customers with any questions can contact Margay Racing at 1.800.562.7429 or [email protected]. More information can be found at www.margay.com or www.hoosierkartsport.com.

(Dom Callan) #2

Never see Hoosiers around here. Great looking kart.

(Chris Hinrichs) #3

Wonder if the hoosiers are going to be a hard compound tire like the YDS. I am kind of partial to Bridgestone tires myself but thats because I have only ever ran them and one set of Maxis tires. Trying something new can be a good thing too. Hope the price point and life are good.

(Eric Gunderson) #4

Looks like they are offering several compound options. If anyone can make 70 different compound combinations it would be Hoosier.

Have driven on them, equate whatever tire it was (the model they run at Elkhart grand prix) to a mid range between mg yellow and red in performance. Very consistent tire. Very oily tire.

(Davin Roberts Sturdivant) #5

Cool for the series that allow you to run Hoosiers.
Irrelevant for everyone else.

Still neat though.

(James McMahon) #6

It’s not just the ignite series. The supply chain for Hoosier kart tires changed too.

I wonder if they’re continuing to import Bridgestone :thinking:

(Bryan Hall) #7

I like the idea of being able to buy Hoosier tires for karts. Supports Americans and should be a little less expensive to boot.

(Greg Dingess) #8

We will continue to sell Bridgestone tires. We have simply added another brand to our product line up.

(James McMahon) #9

Awesome. Thanks and welcome @Greg.

(Chris Hinrichs) #10

Talked with another 206 guy today at our year end banquet about the Hoosier tires. He had nothing but great things to say about them. So now I am excited to give them a shot on the ignite.

(Morgan Schuler) #11

The Hoosier R60A offers more grip, are more consistent, and last longer than a MG Red or Bstone YLC. Great tires. I’m sure the Ignite compound will be just as good.