What are your 2017 racing plans?

PGP MOTORSPORTS PARK
PRO-AM WINTER SERIES 1
RD 1 OCTOBER 7TH
RD 8 JANUARY 13

MY FIRST FULL MOYORSPORTS SERIES

WILL PROVODE FULL DEBRIEFS AND LINKS TO INTERVIEWS.

I HAVE HUGE GOALS AND I CAN’T WAIT TO SHARE THEM WITH ALL OF MY KART PULSE FAMILY!!! MAKING THE WORLD BETTER THRU KARTING.

P.S.

Yes this is my first series but with the effort I’m putting in to close the gap of Race craft knowledge thru literature and lecture as well as my drive to get more seat time and improve each session I feel I can finish this championship on one of those three steps.
DRIVEN TO DRIVE
Z.Y. KHALI20170913_115207

1 Like

you are going to need Rainbow Unicorn decorations for your plastic bits in the kart, sort of like deadmaus’s famous Nyan cat ferarri wrap.
IMG_5465

2 Likes

Nice!!! Now that is Rvinbow Racing’s style right there brotha

This weekend I just completed my final summer endurance race at PGP Motorsports Park to get ready for the 8 round winter series. Did a total of two 90 mi nutes enduros over the past 2 weeks and feel I have truly increased my race craft and confidence in the seat. Progressed from 9th to 7th in the two events respectively and it was amidst all pro class competition. Truly pleased with myself and how fun it was to be competitive and still be so far from the front. So blessed to have been able to receive guidance from this community to help along the way with my young career. Anybody have any last advice about how you could have gone about your rookie campaign any differently or wish an experienced driver would have shared??IMG_20170930_135048_756

1 Like

Damn man, I don’t know… It seems like you did everything somebody (new or experienced) should have done and you have the process down which is the most important thing.

What do you think your “limiter” is right now. What’s the #1 thing that is limiting your performance? I like to ask myself this at the end of a season.

1 Like

Now that definitely gives me a big boost of confidence going into the weekend.

I believe my biggest weakness is not getting on the limit of the tires and my ability quick enough, consistently. Thus leaving time on the table. I am working on corner entry sacrifice or alteration for exit success. This I am starting to find now has to do with the balance throttle/applicator throttle-unlock wheel stage. Which of course can be helped or hindered by entry speed, type, And the corner’ s dynamics.

I know I am super green in the sport in all manners but I want to succeed. I guess this will be a problem that will be one learned by a bit more seat time. Or study the physics of a kart on track to give more confidence when carrying more speed thru a corner or using strips to brake to have an extra foot of track to add to my turn in.

This leads to my next observation which is picking the right area to work on session to session, weekend to weekend so as to be able to track what improves my result. Set that as the new program and work from there towards further improvement by tweaking the next factor we deem necessary to get that next chunk of time. (Basically starting the process over again)

Do I start at-

1. T1
  2. Sector 1
  3. Line in general
  4. Adjust how I acclimate to the track during first couole Laps out

Personally, I think that seat time will help with most of that, especially being new.

I know from experience, that although thinking about it and having goals is great, overthinking can wear you out. Try to be in the seat as often as you can, and that’ll add more files in your mental folder that makes things easier.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to try to connect with some people locally in the area and come volunteer at some of the competition kart races to talk with some other racers and learn tips and tricks from them that you can take back with you for your races.

2 Likes

Agreed on both fronts

Sorry about your crash Zeke. That slow mo replay was brutal. I hope you are ok.

This topic makes me miss my kart :frowning:

Did you see the vid of Zeke getting stuffed through the barrier?

That’s unfortunate. Wish you a speedy recovery, Zeke.

Ouch. So is he ok? Seems like the barriers were, well 1 not really in a beneficial place and 2 not ballasted sufficiently.

Don’t know. I hope so.