2 stroke chassis in 4 stroke karting

That AM29 at Senior weight in the wet or drying track with a 100cc would be absolute magic. Or any track surface under 50 degrees with no sun. :smiley: Spoken from experience. Unfortunately I can also guarantee it is NOT the kart to have when the track dries and the sun comes out. Also spoken from experience on the same weekendā€¦. Lol

1 Like

Having driven the AM29 finally, I have no idea how some guys make it work at the big races. Must be some magic setup because I couldnā€™t see how it would work with a grippier tire/track.

man, i donā€™t like hearing this about the am29. with the grands in less than a week, iā€™m putting together an am29 i just bought, and am now wondering if i should run my new to me am29 or my old arrow x2. iā€™ll have a chance to shake the am29 down this weekend, and i guess iā€™ll see how it feels.

This could be biased simply because Ontario is the land of Birel, but AM29s win damn near everything up here, but like i said, that could just be due to the fact that everyone and their cousin is a Birel dealer in Ontario.

1 Like

AM29 is fine on Vegas. Marc Stehle and them will be up front all weekend. Heā€™s a super nice guy and if you ask, heā€™ll help you out on getting the proper setup for the event.

3 Likes

Stehle and Ian Quinn always are upfront in our club with am29s those struts on the back are weird but they are fast!

1 Like

I ran an older 29 with Marc at the CKNA race at the home track and ran from last to the top 5 twice over the weekend. Theyā€™re capable for sure.

1 Like

Capable? yes. Inherently tight? Also yes.

1 Like

Yeah got me wondering why thereā€™s so many Birels here https://youtu.be/s-GDwmW-Xfc?si=8oa3-JDG6YZ7J3HQ

Only one reason
Canada

Isnā€™t PSL Karting in Canada? Iā€™m pretty sure theyā€™re the main Birel Distributor for North America. I buy all my chassis parts from them.

not sure how old mine is, itā€™s a Ricciardo Kart, iā€™m guessing about 2018-19 ish.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not wrongā€¦ itā€™s definitely on the tighter side of things.

Yeah Iā€™m curious how the TB S-586 will behave. I honestly donā€™t know any 4 stroke TB guys running them. For the longest time I was the only one running a 2 stroke (European) TB Kart S-55 chassis and they were all on (American) TB Kart S-55 4 stroke chassis.

Looking forward to seeing if I can make this work. Got a bonus at work I wasnā€™t expecting, which basically paid for the kart, so I donā€™t have money in it so to speak other than having to buy a new seat for my ever expanding rear end, lol.

@tjkoyen
This needs to be added to your line of Korasport TJisms T-Shirts. :+1:

2 Likes

Nah like I said, I donā€™t know how they make it work but a Birel won out of the 68 karts in light last year and 2 of the north races this year so itā€™s definitely a viable chassis.

1 Like

That track is about 45 minutes from my house, the team there is Prime Power team, its run by Robert Wickens older brother, they are a huge Birel dealer. So all their team guys run Birel.

Good mag wheels not Douglas . . . (All I own is Douglas or Swift wheels)

Can you expand on that? Its a concern Iā€™ve recently developed but Iā€™m not super knowledable on the subject . . .