Alignment issue. Pulls to the left

If there is no roll-out difference in the tires and it pulls to the left, something is bent or misaligned somewhere.

1 Like

Swap the rear tires from side to side see if it does anything. If so you have a thrust push and not an alignment pull.

1 Like

What we have here is a kart which is pulling noticeably to the left when it is meant to be going straight.
I have never experienced this, neither have I ever used lasers.
With the kart sat on the floor on its wheels, do the fronts point straight ahead, or do they point to the left? (1)
This really needs a level floor. Floors often aren’t level but you can level up 4 areas for the wheels to sit on using a simple water gauge and packing as required.
Not sure if you can roll the kart forwards with your drive setup but obviously it should go straight ahead and not veer off to the left.
You have checked the rolling radius of your new tyres but you would have no reason to check the old ones.
Perhaps they were unequal and disguising some twist etc. in the chassis?
The chassis could be out of square in plan. Check by taking diagonal tape measurements from kingpin to rear bearing hangers. Also check the measurement from centred axle to kingpin each side.
Only other thing I can think of is that the axle is being pulled out of square under power by the final drive chain or belt? Cracked chassis? The final drive would need to be down the left side of the chassis to give your effect.
I would be looking at (1) first. Remedy by lowering the left spindle relative to chassis.(Remove kingpin washers from above chassis and replace below) or twist the chassis ‘manually’ to get the front wheels pointing straight ahead.( Kart on level ground).
I don’t think you are in laser country at the moment. A tape measure and eye should sort this out but it’s always easier to solve others problems than your own !

Thanks for the input guys. I will investigate further using your tips!