Big Boy in a Little Toy: How bent is too bent?

Yes absolutely correct. It should read identical …if its not then something on the spindle is throwing the results off

Greg one more thing to check as I discovered this on my kart. I was getting uneven caster readings not nearly as much as you are but I discovered the lower steering mount (what the steering shaft bolts too) had become twisted. I discovered this with a straight edge across the front of the chassis and ruler. I was able to bend it back and now my caster reading is within 1mm difference side to side.

Finally got a response from Mike Jones at DKC. I will be dropping off my chassis next Wednesday for a thorough going through. He called me direct. Was nice to hear from someone personally. Mike has always been a stand up guy. Despite running a business, he always seems to care about the sport and willing to help other racers!! Chalk another one up for DKC! Also put me onto the Club Racing page on FB. Was wondering why I had missed notifications. Search “Dallas Karting Complex Members” on FB for the latest updates.

2 Likes

Greg. How did you get on. I’d be interested to hear as having my own issues assessing what is going on with the alignment of my kart.

Thank you.

Well Mike had it for a couple of weeks, working on it between other things. Not really sure what all he was able to adjust. I had asked him to take a look at the right-front yoke and see if he could take some sag out of the middle. In the end, he didn’t even charge me anything. When I got it back, I put the snipers back on and ran through all the usual checks. Looked like he was able to take some of the extra caster out of the right front as well as reduce the sag in the waist. What he couldn’t take out in the frame, I was able to account for with the eccentric pills top and bottom. The front end now has equal caster and camber on each side with some room for adjustability.

Its not perfect, but it certainly drives better than it did before.

Thanks for replying greg and glad it all worked out.

Greg, I know I’m late to this show, but to answer one of your earlier questions regarding OTK teams in the Dallas area. There is Crosslink, they run Exprit and are a big national team. There are two smaller teams at NTK that run OTK chassis Kart Racing Solutions (KRS) they run Tony Kart I believe, and then Core Karting, which runs Redspeed. Something for you to put in your back pocket for future use.

1 Like