Brand New to Karting

OP has a valid point though and echos the sentiment of a lot of people today.

Most people who own karts and take them to a track are very much recreational karters.

People value their time more than anything so when other activities are more time efficient they will understandably opt for that.

But the OP also says that he wants a “career” in racing, and traveling is apart of that.

I think I mixed my topic up… Yeah, 2hrs is pretty short in the scheme of things.

My favorite track was only 45 minutes away! but than it ran out of business or something and is up for sale. If anyone has $15 million laying around and whats a state of the art track, just lmk. But back to the topic, 2 hours seems like a lot at first, but it is well worth it, and seems like nothing once you get on the track.

2 Likes

Hey dont think I forgot about this guys. There is plenty of local opportunity for motorsports even if im not racing karts. The sport is just not in my budget as driving 2 hours every weekend and spending hundreds of dollars for a few hours a week is just not good for longevity. I will probably work at a local track and look for opportunity elsewhere. Winter is just around the corner anyways and other sports are starting up. Thanks for all the help guys and I wish everyone the best of luck in their careers. Ill be back if I have more questions.

1 Like