Electric Racing Kart Project

Bryan,

The alternatives you mentioned above are quite good. Looks like Zeva stopped their operations. The Dilithium option is very interesting. It’s full featured and probably more stable than ENNOID (more mature), plus less expansive.

Thanks for the information. Super useful. Probably my #1 choice at the moment.

I wasn’t aware that ZEVA had shut down. Cool that they open sourced everything. I downloaded their files just for future reference.

BTW, Dilithium is what Gary @Vextrek is running. So far they are working great for him. It has a more basic interface, but the hardware is very stable and it has a good CAN interface with charging units.

Latest battery he is constructing with that BMS:

1 Like

Definitely recommend the dilithium battery management system. I’ve used about a half dozen of these devices, and they work extremely well.

Thanks @hallkbrdz and @Vextrek

Clearly a great option for my setup :slight_smile:

Time to read the whole manual now…

@Vextrek , do you typically use external contactors or rely on the comm. with the charger and drive to stop the charge and discharge in case or HVC and LVC?

We use external contactors to stop the current. Currently do not have it set up with the proper relays or other mechanisms to stop the discharge but I believe that would be the appropriate way to do it. It’s unfortunate that controllers and battery management systems. do not “speak the same language” with regards to CANBUS. Would make this process much easier :slight_smile:

Discharge isn’t really an issue since it’s a short-term usage event. I’d just use an Anderson connector so you can easily unplug the battery when not running.

1 Like