EV OTK build

That was the thought process really, 20 lap race with a push to pass as well

@Matt_Geist & @Vextrek

What spacer dimension did you use for the Molicel’s, internal 21.2mm or 21.7mm?

21.2 For my first pack I used these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082SL1JDT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for my 2nd pack I used these:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801683613638.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.10.81fb1802feQwaL&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

Which reminds me I dont think i’ve shown off my 2nd pack. I designed this one to fit a more standard KG fuel tank location.

2 Likes

Sick!

The shape of the second pack is awesome! I figured these standard spacers (the first ones) would be a little annoying when laying big flat pieces of copper on top due to the square stoppers that stick out. Is that why you changed model?

How about the copper nickel sandwich, is it working good for you?

Thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile: 21.2mm it is!

I changed the model to be more a more universal fit for karts. The square is pretty unique to the OTK whereas the angled one more aligns with how most standard fuel tanks are mounted.

It works great, really havent had any issues so far

Thanks @Matt_Geist.

Another quick question for you. What thickness of copper and nickel did you use for you build?

Happy to help

Copper .1mm:

Nickle .1mm:

You rock thanks :+1:

This will give me a data point to make sure my sélection makes sense.

How much does the fuel tank shaped battery pack weigh?

I was able to shave some weight off of the previous one and its now 23 lbs

I really like how you have optimized the cooling area of the controller and positioned it to achieve minimal air drag. This is something that adds an extra touch to the BSR team’s idea.
I have seen various DIY projects in the US using a similar motor to the one you have used in your project. How many revolutions per minute do you manage to achieve with it and at what voltage, if it’s not a secret?

1 Like

Thanks, I spin it up to 6000 rpm and run 72V nominal

2 Likes

In the US right now as well things going better and better for Electric race karts and more BSR race karts getting in track there. I hope the 2024 BSR will be able to open the first electric kart races in the US as well.

1 Like