Feeling pretty defeated right now. . . Cheating in LO206

yeah, it happens. For example, in my local Rotax races there are obvious cases of drivers who are cheating with the engine, but because the inspectors only check the external parts nothing happens to them

I race dirt oval in East TN with my son. He is a beginner in Predator, box stock, fixed gear-18/65, and 4k rpm. He has done well with some 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes this year. But lately, he has been competing with folks who end up over half a track ahead of the pack at the finish. One of his competitors outweighs him by 90 pounds on the scale. So, I suspect there must be a reason for the obvious advantage. My point is, that some folks will do just what it takes to win.

On the bright side, you can try to keep up with the cheaters. 206 is all about conserving your energy around the corners, cheaters might not drive as well as you do. What matters is that you stay with them or pass them in the corners. My track has an open beginners session where a beginner on any kart can practice, I’ve kept up with x30s in the twisty bits of the track, sure they absolutely dust me in any straight but racing with the cheaters will sharpen your driving.

1 Like

Something springs to mind, I remember a thread on karting1 , where there was a picture of 3 rotax exhausts cut open with different washers welded into them.

I actually bought a programable cdi for my rotax max. The company showed me pictures of some guy racing in europe who installed them into standard rotax coils. Pretty sure it’s still done on the evo coils.

I’m pretty sure you could port a rotax cylinder to spec and sand blast it with a fine media to replicate a cast surface.

One spec class really gives more options to cheat.

The best engine/closet racing ive had has been in kz , with an open book pretty much. Only rule is the cc. Any top 6/7 guys could win, depending on the day.