Finding my Overdriving In Mychron 5 data?

Common issue of mine, any help is welcome. Also Is it possible to see overdriving in go pro videos? If so what do I look for?
I have video of it if that helps?

I did a few video series with AIM on these topics that might help.

Check the playlist link for an entire list of topics.

Looking at your speed trace only, look for a smooth line on accelerating out of a turn. Any steps in the trace on acceleration could mean that the kart was over driven into the turn and now that you are past the apex for the turn you are still making steering corrections when you should be concentrating on accelerating towards the next turn.
Load multiple laps and look for the corners that show the most inconsistences. This also can be done with the Split Report and looking at the Std Deviation row. The higher the number, the greater inconsistences.

As Tony said, note your variance from you best and theoretical best laps, see what sector the mistake is happening in, and note that.

If the track is smooth, you can look at g-load traces and see if there are any spikes that would indicate sudden loading of the kart.

Personally, I think the easiest way to diagnose overdriving is with video. Or if you notice a specific handling issue, the driver can try a different line or going into the corner easier. If it fixes the problem or you go faster, you know what you’re doing wrong.

Driving mistakes can be found by looking at data, but I think it’s much easier and quicker to see the mistake play out visually on video.

1 Like

Where is the G-load in the Mycron 5 data?

It’s called g-sum I think
There’s a lateral channel

g-sum is a math channel derived from the sum of the GPS_LatAcc channel (side forces) and the GPS_LonAcc channel (acceleration and breaking forces).

Thanks. The word LOAD confused me.

G-sum can be useful as a whole picture of how the kart is being loaded, but looking at lateral Gs can help you see if you are getting the kart to its grip potential in every corner. G-sum is a bit more involved in how to interpret it, and as with all of these GPS readings, if the track is really bumpy it’s harder to get a clear picture of what’s happening. Concept Haulers Motorspeedway was the last track I was at, and using any of the G-force readings was useless, as the track is old and rough, so there were lots of spikes in the data.

GPS Lat_Acc and GPS Lon_Acc are the two channels for G forces. Davin has a video in that series linked about on how to use G-sum.

I stand corrected. That is correct.