Got schooled my first Sodi rental experience

So there came a time … my dad brought home a frame and a work-scrapped 8hp Wisconsin water pump motor. Honking big chunk of Iron it was.
The frame was strange, it had a center round tube that revolved around itself.
The motor we rebuilt. First time felt… the spark from a magento ignition lol. It was satisfying loud and spit some fire haha.

It was pretty fast on the dirt . I suspect easily 45+.
But that heavy iron motor and that frame….
Oh Lordy. If you turned it fast in one direction (forget which direction), it would flip over and throw you out. Lol! Good times.

1 Like

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-
O RLY?

I thought that was you!

1 Like

I enjoyed this story. Sounds like quite the memory. The cool thing about getting into fun stuff like this at older age is how much time its had to marinate. Also, the wisdom to be a bit less nuts, as described above!

I had a lot of fun posting that. Glad this place is here to share :grinning:

1 Like

Don’t forget that rental karts usually have a lot of positive caster,and makes the steering a lot harder.With positive I mean the upper joint to wards the rear axle.
They do this to get the steering wheel quicker back in straight position,out of a corner this is safer for beginners.

1 Like

Was not aware of that. I have a pair of proper gloves now. Just need weather to agree.

Gloves are really helpful. I had a bunch of blisters when I did the X1 summer camp for a week without gloves.

1 Like