Greasing bearings

I was told only use WD-40 when storing the kart, but not on the track. I was told to use Tri Flow on the bearings and stay away from grease as it can attract/ trap dirt.

I upraded my bearings from stock to a set of expensive Japanese bearings and I noticed a night and day difference when free spinning the axle. Not so much on the track though, it might be helping, but if it is, I cannot tell a huge difference.

1 Like

As long as physiologically it makes you think your faster then it’s worth it. Kinda like how everyone leans forward on the straights but it probably doesn’t make any difference at all :slight_smile:

I never heard of Tri Flow before this post. Is it really that much better than other lubricants and which type so you use? The spray or the drops?

Its a spray like WD-40, and one of the best lubricants out there. Do some research on it, its vary widely used in multiple applications. Anytime I go to the track, 80-90% of the participants have a can of it.

1 Like

If you use a good grease in low volumes it will be nearly as free spinning as tri-Flow without the constant mess and maintenance that comes with using Tri-Flow. I personally went back to grease 2 seasons ago and have never looked back.

2 Likes

I used this stuff last year. Put it in at the beginning of the season, and that was pretty much it.

1 Like

I ended up going for the Xeramic spray as Tri-Flow seemed hard to find and the company offered no info on retailers that stocked it.
Now on to find a dry chain lube for less mess on the engine area :slight_smile:

I wax my chains makes maintenance easy.

2 Likes

Interesting idea, that’s for sure

I’m switching to hot wax this year myself.

1 Like

Threads getting saucy.

4 Likes

And this is why I love this forum. I’m guessing just dip it in some hot wax from time to time and your good to go?

1 Like

Never heard of this. Any info?

As a juxtaposition to @Liverpool’s point, I love this forum because I wasn’t the first one whose mind went to @CrocIndy getting a Brazilian :rofl:

1 Like

For when you just need that little bit of an aero advantage

2 Likes

Had a whole conversation about “frontal area” with a guy at the track the other day lol

This is for bicycles but shouldn’t be much different.

1 Like

I was gonna make a comment about “immersive chain waxing” and continue the theme of kinky kart care, but thought better of it.

I use Molten Speed, I have been running it since 2019.

3 Likes

How many sessions can you get with one wax application?