Hello from a noob

I’m 56 and 200 lbs. I’m thinking Masters would be my better option. I’m guessing that more mature folks may exercise better judgment on the track, and maybe value racecraft a bit more. I’m competitive, but I want to drive clean as best I can.

I was also going to get some individual instruction from AMP before summer comes. I just want to get some seat time in the kart first.

This past year turnout for X30 at AMP has been poor. If you want to race in a big field LO and KA100 are both very strong. To be honest, from what I have heard the X30 Masters class is not the cleanest but things could be different now as drivers come and go.

Most of the Masters guys are doing around 53 second laps if I recall correctly, fyi

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Interesting. I’ll keep working on my lap times for now. 12 seconds to go, but I suspect that those final few are much harder to achieve.

2 Likes

jake hit it spot on id recommend practicing and testing while getting your equipment in tune till your within 2 seconds off the pace.

1 Like

HAHA that is one of the exact reasons for masters! We want to race the next week with the same equipment we brought this week!