Helmets, suit

Demontweeks sells the bengio for only $40 more and it is by far the best investment you can make in karting. There’s an entire topic on here somewhere of people just praising it.
Ask @tjkoyen for his testimony

I’ve been using bengio since 2006, I’m on my second unit now😂 Magnificent stuff!

Bengio or Stilo Curva seem to be the go-tos for everyone. Rib vest choice has indeed by discussed a lot here.

The Armadillo is fine as well, I just find them really bulky.

2 Likes

What certification is the cheaper of the 2 suits Thanks!

Race is the more expensive suit. It is homologated. Sport is not homologated but still good.

I thought this would work vs opening a new thread…

Does anyone have experience with G-Force helmets? They are similar to Zamp in price but have some different options for shape and graphics. Specifically looking at:

Any input is appreciated.

Price reflects the quality. For the same price you can get a Bell K1 Sport or for a couple hundred bucks more you can get a GP3 or Arai SK-6 or something that’s nicer.

Other than the kart bell and the kart arai… are there any other popular helmets you see coming through the paint booth regularly?

I basically only see Stilo, Arai, and Bell. They are the best, most supported brands. People generally don’t invest a lot of money into a paint job for something that isn’t a nice helmet to begin with.

3 Likes

Hi Robert,

Your choice of a helmet depends on your specific use and budget. FYI, I represent DRIVEN | Performance Products, authorized distributors of Racing Force Products, offering two distinct helmet lines (Bell and B2 helmets), let me break it down:

1. Bell Helmets
  • A globally recognized brand with a range from Semi-PRO and PRO Line.
  • We recommend investing in this helmet for drivers with active racing careers at national levels, especially where reduced weight and Snell K2020 / Snell-FIA CMR-2016 homologation are needed.
  • For those considering custom paint jobs by a professional, as mentioned by other group members, opting for a PRO helmet is advisable.
  • Main competitors: Arai, Stilo, Schuberth, Sparco
  1. B2 Helmets: B2 Helmets – drivensm.shop
  • Designed and manufactured by the same team at the Bell Bahrain plant.
  • While maintaining BELL-level quality, some non-safety or performance elements have been adjusted to offer a more affordable option.
  • Snell SA2020 certified.
  • Main Competitors: Zamp, Racequip, HJC, G-force

For individuals starting in karting or participating in local club races or regional events, we recommend the B2 Helmets. Despite being relatively new, they boast an extensive racing pedigree. Created by Bell Helmets, the B2 is a budget-friendly alternative for racers who seek excellent performance and the latest safety standards without breaking the bank.

Note: The APEX helmet from B2 is almost identical to the K-1 PRO . Check the comparison below featuring a BELL GP2 (For Kids), alongside a B2 Helmet (I Just took the photos from 2 helmets I have in Stock)

I hope you consider the B2 option!

Feel free to reach out with any questions. (My contact information is provided below)

Best regards,

Max

P.S. Take advantage of great discounts storewide for :turkey: Thanksgiving-Christmas :santa: season.

Max Martinis
Executive Director
E. [email protected]
W. DRIVEN Sites & Social Media :

1 Like

I’m surprised you don’t see more Shoei helmets; they’re what rich motorcyclists buy if they don’t have an Arai shaped head.

1 Like

@Max_Martinis
Welcome to KP! Really great outline of the product(s). Thanks for coming by.

1 Like

Thank you for your warm welcome! I’m enjoying the mix of very interesting conversation and the dynamics of helping each other. I’m based in Dallas, and my home track is North Texas Karters, where I participate in the Texas Sprint Racing Series.

Nice to e-meet you Kartheads like me!

Max

3 Likes

i thought agv is what the rich motorcyclist go to helmets? cmiiw. but in karting i have seen couple dudes wearing schuberth sp1 or sk1 which i believe a bit overkill for a karting.

Don’t have much to add to the helmet/suit convo, but if your looking for some gloves, I run Format Racewear (shameless plug)

I’d be happy to give out some Thanksgiving discount codes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would buy the safest, lightest helmet I could afford.

The final is at the end of the day and that is when you are just tired and that is the result that counts.

I think more important than helmet weight is fit and balance of the helmet. A few ounces or grams of helmet weight can be overcome with a little exercise. But if the helmet isn’t fitting your head properly or is riding up constantly, you will exert a lot more effort keeping it sitting on your head correctly.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind trying those and would appreciate a discount code!

If we can do plugs then here’s mine.

And a discount code for good measure.

KP15

2 Likes

I’ve added 15% off ($59 → 50) storewide, so no need for a discount code now.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like