High Rev Engineering banned from SKUSA events

There are so many grey areas in the rule-book its almost hard to comprehend why anyone would blatantly cheat.

Relatively low risk and high reward. This is why punishments tend to be so draconian for the rare occasions someone is 100% caught.

For some people its just a game, fun. There is a thrill associated with it. Others it is about money. Spec racing has, in my view, accelerated the issue quite a lot. It opens the Pandora’s Box of what is possible. Given enough resources anything is possible.

Reputational destruction is the thing that a lot of people want to avoid, but for those that cheat, they often realise karting is a very small niche with no wider societal implications. So you can do some pretty heinous things, and it not effect your day to day life if you are caught. If anything, it signals to others with nefarious intentions, that you’re open to work.

I am an big advocate of more open tuning within karting because it negates, to some extent, the risks. You’ll always have issues, and I know from personal experience of constructing regulations it can be complex, but it makes life a lot easier.

Also, what’s linked here is really only the tip of the iceberg of what’s possible.

1 Like

Anyone know anything about the A2Z engines Mark is recommending we use instead? Not trying to start rumors but these are their Instagram pages and even the logos look similar.

I have no idea if it’s true or not, but it’s exactly what I would do. Start another company with a different name and keep going.

2 Likes

Like I mentioned, there have always been rumors after the bans that other builders were farming stuff out to Zartarian and putting their names on it to hide who really did the work. No idea what A2Z is but that’s a possibility.

Btw I am dumping a truck load of “allegedly” on all these posts…

1 Like

:rofl: You sound like my oldest son explaining why my youngest son is crying and has a bruise on his forehead…

My 3-year old when his sister starts crying and I hear him yell from the other room, “Dad I didn’t do nothing!”

1 Like

The number given is associated with 2 One Motorsports. Which is located 20 minutes away from High Rev. :man_shrugging:

Just recently one team bring every race a chilean mechanic that it is known to do some shady things in his country regarding Rotax engines. Some know that because sometimes another driver brings the service center guy from there to prepare his engines, and he commented that the has catched that guy cheating many times before.

Nothing happens because in the inspection they only check the outside parts of the engines, but it’s kinda a open secret at this point, though most people don’t know that

1 Like