IAME starter

Also, always use a low amperage charger for these batteries. Battery tender trickle charges are best suited. i use a Noco Genius G750 .75A (750mA).

That is what I used (trickle charger). Next time I will make sure I charge it for a longer time.
Thanks again.

Invest in a battery tender, keep the battery on the tender any day you aren’t racing or practicing.

I’m new to this game having a problem with with my IAME Powerbox I’m guessing… Bought the kart started and ran fine. Went to my first track day ,kart started fine, next time to go out wont even turn over no click from the rely. I jumped the starter to test and it’s ok . Have power in to the rely in the powerbox. From the looks of things this is an older box. Is there a fuseable link in here somewhere, Any ideas ?

Sounds to me like you need to change the brushes, it’s supposed to keep the battery charged as you drive. If the brushes are done it won’t do that.

Keep the bendix clean - it gets gummed up with chain lub

Thanks for getting back to me. There is a fuse in the powerbox that was blown. Problem solved

1 Like

“Sounds to me like you need to change the brushes, it’s supposed to keep the battery charged as you drive. If the brushes are done it won’t do that.”

The starter motor does not charge the battery. Except while starting the engine, the starter is just dead weight and does nothing. But replacing the brushes is not a bad idea. Replacing them now should prevent failures at the track for awhile and an arcing brush may have caused the fuse to blow.

Must be a leopard then? Wasn’t specified.

Leopard doesn’t charge the battery correct, X30 does.

Leopard does charge the battery, just not with the starter.

1 Like