Ka100 vs Lo206

So you guys are saying that y’all race lo206 ok what amounts to the same tires as x30 junior? That seems like it would be a lot of grip. The lo that I got was using Hoosiers that weren’t so grippy.

Once Kevin (FullTilt racing) put MG yellows on one of his rental karts and let me take it for a spin. It was so funny to drive. Foot was flat for all the turns at etown with that much grip.

There are certainly exceptions, but in do you run in masters or senior?

100cc TaG: 25 plus Masters. 5 - 6 are Grand Masters (55 plus) and 2 are in there 70s. The 70 YO has won 80% of the GM races.

1 Like

I’ll race wherever the numbers are. 30+ 206s every week at our club? Count me in. If there were 30+ Comer 50s, I’d run that.

3 Likes

Same, there just isnt much competition in 100cc locally or regionally in masters.

The 206 fields are usually extremely close.

1 Like

I’m just not a fan of the Vega tires in general. For an FIA Hard tire, the Red is too soft of a compound and a paper mache sidewall, meaning the tire has terrible feel and generally just doesn’t work well compared to an MG Red. The Vega Green is actually the KA100 tire in WKA Manufacturers Cup. I’ve never driven it, but it’s closer to an MG Yellow so probably softer than necessary for a KA. However, according to other drivers it’s very unpredictable under braking meaning it’s difficult to drive but not in a good way.

I’ve been happy with the MG tires we’ve run in KA since 2017. I know there were complaints about the Yellows back in 2020 when the new compounds came out, but I’m not familiar with those.

I want to try the LeCont/LeVanto tires sometime, I’ve heard really good things about them but nobody in the Midwest uses them.

@Bimodal_Rocket yes, typically the 206 Sr. is run with the same tires they use in both KA100 classes and X30 Junior

We run Hoosiers at Tri-C. They seem like a great tire. Good feel,nothing weird and they are very consistent, virtually no drop between session and many times same as qualifying. Race tires are good enough for another day of practice.

Do you flip your MG red? Or flip tire in general?

I’ve never flipped tires on the wheel. I may swap left and right sides if a track is predominantly one direction of turn, but even then I keep the outside sidewall on the outside of the kart, so directionally the tires are running backwards.

I thought it was Vega Green for WKA?

You’re right, I mixed up manufacturers. Vega Green, not MG

I run masters when they have it. Senior when they don’t.

1 Like

Not so much the heavy, but the regional series has had over 15 masters, and 35+ seniors at each round so far this year.

And club races aren’t far off depending on the club.

Come get some. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In all seriousness though we just need a few more defectors to give a better depth of field. Be a part of the change!

Like this?

I played a duke nukem soundboard for my daughter a few weeks ago and she thought it was hilarious.

1 Like

A classic! I recall it fondly.

I was basing that off the vids on Illegal Alien Racing Channel. I think he is out of the Dallas Karting Complex. He runs KA100 and the fields seem pretty big. Might just be at that track thou?

Illegal Alien is out of DKC. They get a decent number of 100cc, mostly being the Vortex. I don’t think they run out as a heavy class there though. I think North Texas Karters runs their masters class like a heavy class though. I believe all the clubs in Texas still run the KA Sr classes at 360lbs and not the 345.

In Houston, at Speedsportz Racing Park, we typically have larger KA fields than any other track. There are at least 15 or more Seniors at every race.

Exactly the reference. Fits my age bracket perfectly.

1 Like

I most likely would have run but when masters started you all stayed in Seniors. So I never assembled the kart.