Kart Driving Suit

@NikG would be the proper person to speak with about Torq Suits, being the US rep and all. :wink:

You have the TorqKart1 which is heavier then the TorqKart2. Kart suits should almost always be heavier then equivalent sized firesuits, just because firesuits are designed to be flame retardent and typically use lighter nomex materials whereas kart suits (should) need to pass an abrasion test and use cordura material to achieve that which is just plain heavier.

Additionally some nomex suits have less layers or lower gsm to get them lighter and some are FIA compliant and some are SFI compliant.

Safety Announcement
One thing to note is if you use a nomex suit for karting, if you are unlucky enough to make contact with tarmac it’ll just rip and your down to skin and then bone. Conversely with a kart suit if you race cars and have a accident involving fire it’ll melt to your skin.

1 Like

@Andy_Kutscher, I’ll weigh a couple of suits tomorrow and let you know.

I wasn’t dissing the suit in any way. I was saying that in my experience, generally the “good” suits tend to be heavier. At least that’s what I have seen in the 6 suits I have purchased.