KartPulse at SKUSA Supernats XII (21)

Who’s headed to the Supernats this year?

I just booked my flights today. I arrive Thursday morning and leave on Sunday Morning. Not the greatest time to leave, but that’s what I could do with family commitments.

Come find me if you’re down there, I’ll likely be sporting either a media vest and/or KP swag from our store.

What would you like to see from the Supernats this year?
K360 and EKN have race coverage down, plus I won’t be there for Super Sunday.
What else is interesting to you?

My original plan was to try and do a “behind the scenes” video documentary on what it takes to put on an event like the supernats. We’ll see where that collides with reality.

The other video I’d like to is a compilation of parents citing why they bring their kids karting, quoting some lines from this:

2 Likes

Would have loved to go this year. Even as a spectator it’s such a fun week.

1 Like

I would really like to see some special Vegas race suits…

2 Likes

Me too…

Actually any piece of karting kit that’s Vegas themed would be cool to see some pics of. Helmets, decal kits, suits etc. And no, I’m not self-promoting, I just like seeing the one-off stuff…

3 Likes

Ask Pippa Mann if she remembers me…

1 Like

Sounds suspicious…

My original plan was to try and do a “behind the scenes” video documentary deal on what it takes to put on an event like the supernats. We’ll see where that collides with reality.

Nothing suspicious, we were team mates back in ICA days.

1 Like

I actually booked to go down there this year. We leave Wednesday and are staying for Super Sunday. Should be a fun time, I’ll seek you out at some point

3 Likes

Our kids all got some matching custom Vegas themed suits. They are awesome, can’t wait to show them off.

James, if you are looking to do some original content why not interview some drivers. Shoot, our tent alone could get you some good stories about how people arrived at racing in the supernats. Stop by the Nitro tent anytime.

1 Like

Actually, that might be perfect…
The other video I wanted to do was make a compilation of parents citing why they bring their kids karting, quoting some lines from this:

Vegas !!! Can hardly wait even though I will be a spectator. This will be my first major karting event. Am flying in Monday evening and staying until the following Monday. Yahoo !!!

1 Like

I have a topic I’d love to see more info on…

SKUSA apparently has their new IAME shifter motor on display at the SuperNationals, that is the planned replacement of the Stock Honda shifter classes.

-What is the estimated retail price their planning to sell the engine for?

-Does it come standard with an electric on-board starter? If not, can it be added to the package as an option?

-Does it share parts with their CIK-homologated IAME KZ engines? Can you swap a 125cc cylinder, ignition, or anything else needed, and go race in a KZ shifter class with it?

A picture on Facebook shows it with a Butterfly Carburetor, instead of the usual slider carbs seen on most shifters.

This new motor is a pretty big deal for them. If they get it right, they can solidify their position as the premier kart organization in the U.S. . Get it wrong, and it could really hurt them, and give their competitors a boost.

C. Skowron

1 Like

Any pics of the motor? I don’t think I’ve seen it yet.
Is it 125cc or are they running a modified X30 super shifter?

5 posts were split to a new topic: SKUSA IAME 175cc Shifter

Made a little video on my iPhone on Friday:

Highlights reel by Wyatt Lloyd. Some pretty awesome shots: