Leading vs Following

So I got some feedback from P1 (who is always P1) when I was leading him. He said I was making it very difficult to pass as I would drift and take away his perferred passing line, which I’m assuming was the inside line. Which I recently (well really only once) started employing after I watched a YT video on defending the night prior to that race and decided to employ it. I began experienting with it with mixed results.

While defending against P1 it seemed to work very well.
While defending P3, he hooked my rear bumper, causing a ton of damage to his brand new kart on its maiden race. Honestly I felt really bad about that.

What you guys are saying makes total sense. It was just one of those unexpected situations I didn’t foresee myself being place in. The math test analogy hammers the point home pretty well. But man-o-man do I like having the test answers a few seconds in advance; because without them (at my level of experience) it was an unsettling feeling.

This does work. You can learn where you are gaining or losing time. It also tells you if you have learned the track.

Wait you felt bad because he hit you?

It takes two to tango. I don’t think I caused it, but he’s a really good guy and his kart was brand spanking new. So I did feel kinda bad “for him."