Looking for a change

This feels like ChatGPT. Plus another KartClass plug…

5 Likes

Yeah especially this patently false statement. Sure, extended porches are a thing but it’s not like one model or brand is significantly different from the others.

@Athen_Andrews I appreciate that you’re trying to help and Kart Class is pretty helpful. But when I review every one of your posts here they have kartclass links…. What’s the deal?

Yeah this one doesn’t pass the sniff test:

:disguised_face: :disguised_face: :disguised_face:

I wouldn’t worry about them flexing out. Like TJ said some of them wear out from being scraped on the bottom and then the chassis doesn’t flex as it’s designed to.

Things I would check on a used kart:
Bottom of the chassis. Scuffs are fine, flat spots impact performance in a bad way.

Brake pad wear

Does the rear axle spin freely? If not, is it from the brakes dragging? If it’s not the brakes I’d worry that something isn’t straight.

Are there any welds on the frame? Check near the seat posts. It’s common for these to break and be rewelded, which can be fine, but it’s up to you to decide if the weld job is good.

Does the bodywork have a ton of tire marks? It’s one thing if it has one here and there, but it’s another if this thing was used as a bumper kart. Like others said it can be hard to tell if one has been in a big accident, but sometimes you can generally tell how it was driven.

I’m sure there are plenty more suggestions. If you have comet kart sales a few hours away, I might check with them on getting a used kart since you’ll have confidence in what you’re getting.