New Chassis for LO206

Are CRG chassis reputable in 206? What changes between chassis? thanks

CRG does make a 4 cycle specific chassis with the FS4. I haven’t seen much of it on track but I’m sure it’s a great chassis. You don’t necessarily need a 4 cycle chassis either. I’ve seen guys run upfront with old 2 cycle chassis with several seasons on them.

Several guys in my are run crg or crg based karts. And if you look up in this thread. Nearly anything can be made competitive with seat time and setup. I’m running towards the front (average of 10th out of 30) in my first 4 races. I’m running 13 year old 32mm birel based chassis. 32mm chassis are hard to free up for a 206 class typically due to being designed for higher horsepower classes.

You can always buy a 4 stroke chassis. As they are typically designed around the 206 class. Pros and cons to it. I decided to get a chassis if I ever decided to move up to the 2 stroke world I could still use it.

That’s my .02

1 Like

So I had my first weekend in the new chassis. Set personal bests all day long. Was on track for a podium until I made a mistake all by myself that cost me standing up there. It is what it is.

However going from a 13 year old chassis to a less than one year old chassis proved to be a night and day difference. Little adjustments were actually felt. I had more fun today than I have had in my previous races having a kart that when I made a change I could tell the difference.

So for all the people that provided thought and input. Thanks. Patiently awaiting the next race. And after today in the dry. I can’t wait for another dry race. Going to post a video soon as I get some time for feedback on my driving.

The best kart is the one that you can setup to work for you and understanding the physics of a kart is all important.

I will be running a 15 year old chassis this year with significant wear and tear on it before a “refresh” It sports flat tubes, a lower left rail and many years of use. However, I think we will make it work :wink: