New to the kart world

Sign on with the devil, get a FB account, go to marketplace and find a used kart. If you can’t find an LO206, find a roller. That’s what I did.

I paid $1,400 for a roller, bought an Lo206 for $599, and away I went. Might be a littl emore difficult due to the Lo206 engine shortage, but you can get there.

1 Like

While I can appreciate that I will mention the new generation of 100cc air cooled motors (KA100 and VLR100) are the easiest 2 strokes to live with. While probably not as easy as a 4 stroke they come close and they have more than double the HP!

1 Like

Can we just let the OP enjoy their 206 :joy:

1 Like

Yep.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that a good 30 mm tube / 50 mm axle / 3 bearing chassis with good crossbar clearance works on 5" medium and hard tires with ANY engine. I was at a Cup Karts North America 206 race a week ago and the karts that won in senior classes were TonyKart Racer 401 and Birel RY30 derivatives along with the Comet Eagle which looks an awful lot like an Arrow X-1.

My 28/30 AK KA-LO finally started working when I threw in a big steel torsion bar and some seat struts, so starting with an all-30 TaGish chassis might’ve been closer.

Of course. Just stating the obvious.

Using winners at Cup Karts events as your gauge is a little tricky. Eric Fagan has won WKA and/or Cup Karts events on 5 (that I can remember) different chasses. Same with someone like Mick Gabriel, who has won on anything he has sat in. Also, cup karts uses the Vega Red that, when run all weekend by itself, lays down a lot of rubber and acts a lot like a soft/sticky tire.

That being said, all the brands you mentioned are great 206 karts and have shown winning speed in many places.

Last thing, I promise… The Comet Eagle was originally based off the Arrow AX9-4S made from 2004-2009ish (dont quote me on that timeline). It has gone through a few revisions since then including a k-brace/hip update and a front end geometry update.

Interesting. Comet was the big Arrow team at the time, and was winning a ton of big races on Arrow karts, so I would imagine that’s why they went with that influence. Good to know.

Which one did you go to, north or south division? I was suppose to go to the south division race, but it got rescheduled due to the tropical storm. And the new date was too close to my wifes due date. My son was born the day of the race.

So when you buying a bambino kart? Gotta think ahead! Congrats to you both!

1 Like

Got out to another race massive improvement from my first race but still a long way to go to better results. I’m still a little off pace, 1 second to what the fastest group was running. I need to work on staying in the draft and following close to others. Setup wise the kart is much better than the first race weekend I had, I still feel the kart is a bit too free for my liking. I felt quick through the infield in the slower corners but the highspeed the kart felt too free at turn in and a bit slow to set and hook through the turn.

1 Like

That was an entertaining race. A lot of position changes and general jousting. When #0 came into your life, things got interesting. :grinning:

1 Like

If this is your second race you look very good. I don’t understand the hand singles the 0 was giving you, he went off. I liked the follow through pass. I would guess in this class you have to be closer and make calculated passes. The hard part about bumping it can scrub your momentum and actually push the guy you are trying to pass further ahead.