Newer Style CIK Bodywork

I am too. I love the look of the Kart Republic. So unique to me. I may have to save my money for one of those when it comes to the States.

I’ve been watching a lot of mid-90s karting, mostly Formula Super A, on YouTube. I love the simplicity of the bodywork is that era and how all the karts are standardized.

It just happened organically, there were differences, but there were minute with the exception of some more streamlined ones that I can’t recall the name of.

Have you found any more info on this other than the snippet on TKart?

Could there be an agreement of some sort in place here maybe?

Nothing more then what I observed from photos. It seems to use Parolin components on the front end (stubs, caster camber kits) but the rear looks like intrepid/skm parts (bearing hangers).

Having said that its entirely possible he liked those components and took them to Breda Racing to manufacturer.

Theres three chassis KR1 (KZ all 32mm tubing), KR2 (supposedly Rotax, X30 and OK, 30/32mm tubing mix and incidentally comes with a short 1020 axle)) and the KR3.

The KR3 is interesting, instead of two rails running from the yoke to the rear of the chassis. They’ve gone with two loops, one runs from one side at the rear, under the front of the seat and ends at the other side at the rear. The other loops from yoke to yoke under the front of the fuel tank. Both loops are linked by two side rails beside the tank. You can sort of see it on the image below:

They are saying this allows them to use different material on the front to the rear. I hope this is the chassis that turns up at Supernats. This design would be heavily reliant on weld quality and consistency which might be why he went with Breda Racing.

2 Likes

first thing that pops into my head:
ckart4

1 Like

I’ve run that fairing. It’s good stuff.

1 Like

Me too. The HEGAR fairing is awesome, and looks pretty good IMO.

Similar to the Haase Blizzard, then?

Similar concept, different application (rail loops around front of fuel tank).

I knew it had been done before but couldn’t remember where. I’m sure there’s others too.

Spotted on Anthony Abasse’s FB today:
Alex Irlando’s Sodi.

2 Likes

Well that’s not exceedingly ugly.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Bodywork for sale (UK)

Speaking of ugly bodywork, Tony Kart was testing a new fairing this past weekend. Anybody know anything about it?

Some chatter here:

![image|281x500](upload://95beTf4iEPo8ICINUTVsw94gPdd.jpeg

Here’s another pic of some new plastic, but not OTK.
…okay, that didn’t work… see below

1 Like

Shudders. Good god. Ugly aero in karting.

1 Like

It will be useful as a snowplow this coming winter.

I think that’s just the one also used by Parolin. Parolin were just really smart with the sticker kit so you can’t see how wide the nassau panel is.

I spoke to someone a couple of weekends ago (and forgot about this thread) who was at the Parolin factory when they were welding KR frames. So I have no idea anymore whether they are just welded, or the frames are sourced, bent and welded or that they are just doing the normal production (with the race team made elsewhere).

I also found out they did the Zanardi kart frame, then assembled by Zanardi with CRG bits.