No more pushback for skusa?

Personally I’m glad to hear all the change of heart after the first race without them. I’d like to see my region adopt them. But alas I think I’m one of the few that feels that way

That’s actually how penalties should be, depending on the infraction, either a time penalty or a position penalty. One series we run in, had used just the position penalties (when SKUSA was position only), one race in Micro, the pole sitter got a jump start penalty of 2 positions. He had won the race by over 20 seconds, but was demoted to 3rd. His jump start didn’t give him the win, but in this case a position penalty was too harsh. A time penalty would have been better (which it is now).

1 Like

Welllllll

That didn’t last long. PBB is back for the next round.

Crazy that we can have bigger fields than the Winter Series at the Grands and not need them…

That happened faster than I thought it would.

1 Like

I would argue the Grands does need them, though. My experiences with the Grands every year since 2018 has been that they need push back bumpers. I’ve been loaded into through corners, driven through guys, and had drivers taken out at that event. I said last year that the officiating had gotten better compared to previous years, but the PBB’s is still something I think they should be employing.

I think they saw how bad the racing was after one weekend and knew it would only go further downhill from there, so they really had to make the call or they’d be losing drivers for the rest of the season whether or not they implement push backs for Pro Tour

There are two classes that should never have PBB… Shifter and 206

I’ll agree on shifter, but not 206. We run push backs on 206 in the NW.

I agree on Shifter, why 206? I see no reason to not use PBB on the 206

1 Like

Does bump drafting cause the nose to drop?

No you can push pretty hard without popping the pushback.

No. I mean I guess it could.

But shifter is the only class I don’t think should run them.

We only run them on cadet/jr. Up here in pnw. Personally I’d like to see senior classes run them.

We get pretty rough and rowdy where I race and it’s nothing a push back bumper would stop.

We pick our team mates/on track allies up pretty hard if they get off pace, tho, and that’s the only time I’ve ever popped one when I ran em and that includes getting lappers and off pace karts out of my way.

I race weekly on an elbows up Bull Ring of a track, too.

Honestly, it wouldn’t affect me one way or the other if it was implemented, I just think it’s a stupid idea to try to implement cuz I really don’t see where it’s needed.

1 Like

No, it takes a good hit to push them back. Even in KA I’ve never gotten a push back penalty from bump drafting even if I’m pulling a big run on someone. If you hit someone hard enough to push back the bumper, it wasn’t really a “bump draft” it would be closer to an impromptu chiropractor session when they should’ve been getting passed instead.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a push back penalty that wasn’t going into a braking zone or a crash ahead of me that I couldn’t avoid

1 Like

I think Whiteland would benefit from having PBB’s too, specifically first lap going into the outside hairpin. It gets rough out there and while the officiating still needs an overhaul from last year in my opinion, the bumpers would help with the roughness especially on a 4 tenths of a mile track like that.

You’d be surprised how much it helps and how much contact it allows for if you mount them properly.

Qualifying will clean that up by getting back markers that lock their brakes out of the front.

1 Like

Very true, I disagreed with the random draw single heat from the first race. Never made sense to me.

2 Likes

Skuas knew exactly what would happen, they were tired of the complaining

1 Like