Parking lot training exercises

SOS exists in sim too. I just mentioned in the KartKraft thread how unusual the experience of switching between x30 and KA 100 every 15 minutes is. When you get in the ka after the x30, it feels like you have more time to execute things and it feels easier.

It might be because I play in VR, but SOS is most definitely a thing in sim. I assume that my experiences in sim are affecting my real life sos as well.

@Pippen_001, if you can’t practice on track, Race Walk, Visualize, and use your daily driving to practice.

@Bimodal_Rocket is 100% right, there is, and you can work on, SOS in sim. SOS, is mostly about how you process information, so you can practice that in sim. That said, the stakes are higher IRL, so SOS in sim vs IRL is not an exact 1-1, but you for sure you can build and exercise the skills.

BTW, I am working on a new PDF that will cover some of the mental processes of driving, how to improve sensitivity, and how to use imagery training to influence both. I’m still maybe a couple of weeks out on it, but I’ll be posting it here when it’s ready. (@E13 I haven’t forgotten about you, it’s just learning Blender, and Illustrator OMG, plus there’s always something more that needs to be said :grinning:.)

3 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback. I llok forward to the updated pdf! :+1:t2:

That is interesting that this is how you race. United Karting in Maryland is a kart track that is set up on a parking lot, so it can be done. If you are going to practice on a lot you will race on that gives you some options to practice on and a race line will clean off as it is used. If possible you need to be able to have a consistent track layout to do the drills you are looking for.

Thats correct. Same with vegas

I have literally no expectation for you to do this. So take your time. I really appreciate it

1 Like