Race Weekend Blog- NCMP Night Race

Thanks for the insight!

The reason I ask is they when I sim KZ, it’s such an intense (and since sim, undemanding physically), I wonder why I bother with simming x30. It passes, but it’s amazing and really allows you to play in the deep end of grip.

Updating this thread, as this weekend I’ll be back in the saddle for the 2023 installation of the NCMP night race. I’ve again managed to talk my younger brother into entering, despite him not having turned a single lap since last year’s race :joy:. We spent last night doing final prep on his kart, and it’s nearly ready to roll.

I’ll be headed out to NCMP tomorrow afternoon to test some engine things, and also get a buddy of mine into the rental karts.

I’ll be on the same spec equipment as I was last year for this race, but this time it is my own and not borrowed from the team stock. Chassis will be the exact same, but I should have much better power.

I’ll be sure to post more updates and onboard!

8 Likes

Race day is underway and things are trending upward. Had on pace in qualifying, but missed a shift big time on my fast lap that cost me one position. Definitely had some pace to find for the Pre-Final…

Also, I accidentally swapped transponders with my brother, so I’m making him look good lol

Made some changes for the pre-final and the kart was working better. Got a decent start and was up to 1st after a couple laps. Some serious battling ensued, and I got shuffled back to 4th for a bit. 2nd place had a mechanical failure, and I was able to hunt down P2 on the last lap for a drag race to the line…starting on the front row for the main. Let’s go!!

Good luck in main to you both.

1 Like

Welp, we got the job done in the main! Onboard footage coming soon…

6 Likes

Sent! Congratulations!

20 letters etc

1 Like

This makes me laugh. The whole time watching on Race Monitor I was confused at how fast your brother was and how slow you were!

Formula 1 Yes GIF by Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team

1 Like