RaceBox MINI - New Datalogging Product

Rental mychron? People ask about timing for rentals.

1 Like

I got a campaign update today…

Manufacturing progress and new app feature! ?
Hello everyone!

We would like to update you on the progress we have made with the MINI.

The first official pilot production run (of around a hundred devices) turned out to be a great success. There were no hardware or firmware problems found and we are now moving forward with finalizing all the production processes.

Last week we have even dispatched some of those units to reviewers and we are waiting for the first videos showcasing the MINI to come out really soon.

Aren’t they beautiful?

With all this, we are one step closer to entering mass production, which will actually begin in just 2-3 weeks from now. We are overwhelmed by the positive support from everyone! Thank you!

Here is a quick video of the connection process of the Mini for you:

Watch on YouTube

We are also pretty stoked to tell you that we have just added a new feature to the app! We have been testing it in the past month and it turned out to be something very cool - “Voice announcements”. The feature dictates your lap/drag times so you will never have to take your eyes off the road again.

Best regards and stay tuned :slight_smile:

The RaceBox Team

Mine just shipped…. Interesting source too

Also, forums have gif functionality now:
whoot blainegibson GIF by Rooster Teeth

2 Likes

So I could put this in my suit and get telemetry for rentals?

I think you could yeah. It has to work in conjunction with a phone though I think.

At one point aim had a gps watch. I want to say it was called MyTach. My university team in BUKC, which ran club 100 karts, used it to improve some of the drivers. You could look at the data in racestudio.

Edit: i found it.

2 Likes

That looks great. Just need a smartphone holder to put on the wheel

3D print one - 20 char

Ooh. One on eBay for 99 bucks! I might get it:

Don’t have a 3D printer and I am not versed in CAD

Me neither. It just sounded good

James, have you used this yet and do you have anything to report?

I’ve used it a couple of times to develop our rental track and karts. It’s pretty neat honestly, very inexpensive.

https://www.racebox.pro/webapp/session/63cca958805fc65793052253

That is indeed very cool.

Can you have multiple karts showing in 1 session ? Like could you replay an apex timing system for example ?

You can overlay your own laps, but I don’t think you can easily compare with others. It would really depend on the app you choose to use. Racechrono seems like it might do a good job of what you’re looking for.

The audio announcement feature is nice, but I have to wonder how audible it would be when screaming around a track with a KZ motor, & ear buds don’t stay on too well when I snug on a helmet.

I ran into this issue with my daughter when we tried using a 2-way radio a buddy gave me from his MX days. They came with velco in old-school walk-man speakers and it was difficult to hear over a 2T motor screaming next to you. We tried ear buds, but they are not designed for small ears and were constantly falling out. Finally I found some that had a ear loop like the older bluetooth headsets. They provided a little sound deadening from the engine and more clarity of speach.

The Dragy is really good for 0-60 and 1320 times.

Yeah I almost bought one, but now I don’t have my fun car anymore so less reason to pull the trigger…