Sim Racing Megatopic

1 Like

Now we’re cooking. Gimme a day or two and keep adding folks you want.

Oli in the tracksuit is a head turner!

@Alan_Dove do you have logos in vector/bitmap?

The file is getting big. 11mb unfolded so far. Should be decent resolution. I have not messed with color grading or whatnot.

Your acronym is HoO:

@KartingIsLife

Thought this was useful. Someone on Reddit provided the links for tracks, etc in Israel:

https://reddit.com/r/Karting/s/jpyW7bxIMv

Links:
Haifa
Hutzot Hamifratz
Ramla
Hadera
Rishon LeTsiyon
Jerusalem
Beit Berl

MotorCity Motorpark
Patzael
Arad

2 Stroke rental contacts:
Rotax
ROK

1 Like

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Karting Sim Discussion

Had some fun making another video. The Indy roadcourse is sort of a boring track and the LMP2 turnout was low all week. Still had some decent racing.

Surprised week 1 is a snooze fest!

Here’s a mod I did:

Just making pedal longer

I just think the majority of people don’t like the Indy RC. It’s pretty boring even in real life. The GTP Hypercars dominated the splits. They just released 2 new cars, Acura and Porsche, so everyone is running that.

Trying to soften the pedal feel?

Nah. The throw is long and my seating position bad. I need to rethink things. My car seat makes everything too high. I’m thinking a kart seat mounted and padded. I’m being lazy lasagna and not fixing this problem.

As much as kart seats cost right now, you could opt for a bucket seat. Would be way more comfortable for extended sessions. Of course, you wouldn’t have to buy a high-end kart seat for the sim.

I need to get the seat kart like. Legs out, knees up. Basically a kart.

They should sell this

Hey, carbon fibre seats!

I tried one of those cheap nrg… I gave it to a kid whose capacity for suffering is higher than mine.

was only useable for 1/2 hr. Padding is an afterthought, alas.

Your butt should be at the same height regardless of seat. Sounds like you just need to adjust your wheel and pedals to suit. Are you out of room to move them around?

1 Like

Yup. I’m out of adjustments. Seat height throws it all off. Cross bar for wheel can go down but not up.

It is a gt rig after all

For a kart for sure. Is that the case with gt cars tho? When I sit in my car my feet are below my butt, slightly.

Hey Ho found this:

Basically I could reconfigure mine like this

Ok so back in the world of sim and KartKraft…

I’ve been putting together little daily “good” laps videos to amuse myself as I chase mastery at AMP-C.

Here’s a lap from last night that sorta encapsulates where I am in the journey to sub 18. In this lap, I absolutely demolish the last turn, landing an 8.875 final sector on an overall very fast lap (s2 meh).

That kerb stuff in final turn is delinerate and not dirty, Warren. In another video, I’ll show you a cool thing that’s even faster.

The other method involves having the raised inside wheel strike the kerbing mid-rotation. This creates a second rotation that re-orients you in a way that allows you to lop off some of the exit.

It also basically hurls the kart into receptive rubber that allows you to not understeer at all. This method isn’t exactly repeatable. But, it invokes straddling the top kerb, coming onto it laterally/down. If you get lucky, the raised wheel clips and you turn just right! This method has allowed me to land low 8.8xx.

It’s just too goofy to not share. I’ll find footage.

The final turn has been a very, very long process to get reliable and (very) fast at. But, I’m there, now, and am running back to back sub 9s, regularly. I have the pace.

The opening complex is also in my wheelhouse. I also am at top pace there. Everything is good. We shall see.

That’s what they all say. :grin:

Pinkie swear! :badger::skunk::raccoon::badger::skunk::sloth:

Well, Warren,
Once again, IRL driving has made me less inclined to sim. I know you wait with bated breath for my sim adventures so you will be disappointed. However, I have not forgotten you. Here is a nice video you will enjoy while I don’t sim:

The Pallas Kat reminds me of Tanguy on the track, fast, competent, and takes no guff. Sound on, please.
Ack.

We are assured quality race direction for the 2024 season.

So I think im going to be jumping into the sim realm and im fairly certain im going to be doing the buy once, cry once… That being said, is there away to short circuit some of the costs and wondering if anyone has done something similar. Where im going with this is todo console first, then PC with being the end goal. (I want to avoid spending $1k+ on console compatible hardware and then having to sell it later on)

Hardware wise Im looking at big bang with simcube base/heusinkveld pedels, and some type of 8020 rig… thinking a ASR4.

So that basically leaves a seat, (monitors but i’ll leave that out if this discussion) and then something to play…

For a seat as a interim step Im going to use an older kart seat until I figure out which seat I want to end up with. this also save some money up front.

For a system, I have a ps5 and an xbox one s, but don’t have a PC (situational, need to build one specific for this). I’ve looked at the console “compatible” wheels and pedals like the Fanatec/Logitech but I notice that they max out at around 10nm. There seems to be hacks or maybe a proxy device to get more professional stuff to work with consoles but haven’t seen anything reliable saying it 100% working (no FB for example).

So has anyone tried and successfully got non-compatibile hardware working with a console in a functional way?