Sim Racing Megatopic

I was a huge GT fan from the beginning, but I’ll admit that I lost all interest when 6 came out and when I got it I had limited time to play that night and got hit with 12 hours of updates. I might have only played it a few times after that.

I get that there is updates with iRacing, but I’m also still of the mindset that if I purchase a game on physical media that that game should be immediately playable, which I guess is a carryover from the days of cartridges.

Just joined the Discord. New to that setup, but seems like it could work well for this.

For those doing iRacing, what cars are you using currently, or will you be using in the near future? I’m planning to purchase some more, but would be cool to sync up with those running on a regular basis.

GT4 and Miata lately for me.

I’m running the IMPC in the Elantra TC next season

I just tried the xfinity Toyota nascar thing. I’ve also been doing the trucks. Have t really found anything g I’m crazy about, yet. I really enjoyed the sprint car but there is almost no races.

I’ve been running in the MX5 and the Civic TC for my first season.

1 Like

I only run MX5 for my first season, Global Mazda MX-5 Fanatec Cup first and Production Car Sim-Lab Challenge later on. I am think Global Fanatec Challenge for the season2 in Cadillac CTS-V, for the iracing cash reward at least.

How about some formula car stuff like USF 2000 or F3?

I might go back to USF. I drove the f4 but was sort of meh on it. Felt heavy.

1 Like

@tankyx

Ok lemme see if got this correct (vrs ffb system)

Set base and FOR @ 100

Go drive laps

Then, go to VRS. Pull up lap in single lap mode and then go to ffb area.

Look up FFB max: let’s say is 22.

Go to iracing and change slider for max force to 22.

Set slider below to 8 (max force of csl dd base w/ upgrade).

That’s it.

If I want softer ffb I then calculate how much I move the bottom slider (the one I set to 8nm).

So, if I want to set base at 75% I would then calculate .75(8nm) = 6nm.

Move bottom slider to 6nm and set base for to 75?

That’s it yes, it works on the fanatec too

1 Like

Whoa. Just realized I have 2 races this week NJMP rental series round 1 and the first enduro on Friday.

Rejiggered my ffb and the USF2000 in iRacing feels good, again.

Popped back into Kartkraft and once again, was blown away by how alive the kart feels as compared to iracing in general.

It’s a bit off in that the kart feels so gripped up but it’s so engaging and alive.

I dont know how to characterize KK. Is it accurate? No, but yes. I find myself driving as I would normally but within the odd rules of Kk grip. Everything seems to be dialed up a notch, relative to IRL. You push harder but get more out of the kart.

Maybe KK feels good because the karts are light.

I went ahead and got it before the price increase. Which didn’t happen on the bundle, only the hub.

I think the biggest difference I’ve really seen between the DFGT and CSL DD besides the obvious everything is that I’m suddenly able to accurately drive side by side with someone in tight quarters. Had a fun multi lap battle going at Winton in the TCR last night which ended with me going from 9th to 5th.

2 Likes

i recently got the fanatic csl dd with the grand Turismo wheel and i love it but i cant get the shift light and the little screen that shows the gear to work on any game other than iracing does anyone know what could be happening?

Try asking in the discord. Maybe there’s a way.

How does dd compare to your previous setup?

1 Like

definitely noticeably better i went from a old trusmaster which was holding on for dear life to a proper wheel i also quite like the hydraulic brake pedal

1 Like

I did some real racing this weekend. While I physically just wasn’t up to par, I can definitely say I was in tune with the cues I have in sim racing, and I think the advantage came in being able to run the same times I did last year in my first session in 9 months.

2 Likes

Preach it! Hallelujah!

This happened to me at OKC when I returned to kart after an absence. Freaky.

I have been remiss and have barely driven sim and keep getting kart-blocked IRL. That’s 2 races in a row I have had to turn around and go home from.

Weirdly, as real racing happens, my desire to sim drops dramatically.

Oh hey I think the answer might be the Fanalab software.

I think it has something to do with the displays. I’m in vr so I never thought about this.

1 Like