Start Over?

Same here, if the chassis is designed for this kind of seat then I’m not sure a ‘normal’ seat is ever going to work. It’s a bit strange they promote this as a sprint kart, I thought this kind of thing is for oval endurance?

It’s just an out of date website. Their recent chassis design is made for CIK seat and bodywork.

Out of date websites are very common for busy small businesses.

2 Likes

Yeah.

Bryan,

Do you mind posting a photo or two of your kart?

-Charles

Here you Charles!

looking at your kart pics, and the video, it looks like you’re set up with your clutch inboard. if you run it outboard, and you have a motor mount similar to an odenthal, you’ll get more room to install a bigger seat, and you may not need to bend the hell out of the welded in seat support. your motor will be a little more to your right as you sit in the kart, but it’s not going to make a big difference at this stage of the game. just get out there and sit in some seats and find one that’s snug (with all your gear on) and comfortable. if you have any upcoming swap meets, they’re a great place to figure out what fits when it comes to seats.

I think that kart and seat look fine, try getting in from the back. If that still doesn’t work, you’ll have to trim the seat.

In what sense does it not work for you?

Bryan, Can you also post some pics of you in the kart? I had a rib tec once and the way I’d get in was to get my butt in the kart and lean forward with my upper body and then twist into the seat. One side then the other. It’s really hard to tell but the steering wheel looks awful close to the seat.

2 Likes

Exactly how I have to get in mine. First outing I was so pissed off at the seat trying to get in and out I just about took it off.

Came home and did some practice sessions in the garage with different ways and It’s not so bad now. The trade off on comfort during track time far out ways the in/out situation.