Suddenly Lost Pace/In Search of Lost Time

2 seconds huge? I have been moving out to eliminate a hop so thought the option of going wider would be better to have.

1 Like

Yeah 30mm is a massive difference

I refuse to run an uncut axle.

I could be wrong but a crack in the chassis that loses 2 seconds over 50 should be quite noticeable was mainly my point. Not that stress cracks are always easily detectable

1 Like

I’ve heard plenty of good things about cut axles never tried it yet though just the full length OTK H

1 Like

Do you think it would cost me two seconds though? I don’t notice a lack of rear grip or an abundance…

How many turns on your circuit?

If you lose .2 per turn in 10 turns…

Also, losing 2mph off a corner is 2mph down the whole straight.

1 Like

All good suggestions here. Do you have any data, speed traces to compare? May be some clues there too.

I have alfano data, not sure how to share though.

I think Matthew is on to something with your axle, what confuses me though is you mentioned you went out to 55" rear track width. Are you suggesting cutting it and also bringing the rear track width back in?

Throw up a screenshot of your alfano data overlapped with the two sessions

Cut it and bring it back to what was previously fast, yes.

1 Like

Yousef, what was your previous rear track width?

I was going wider and wider and getting faster and faster BEFORE everything went to hell, I was looking forward to having more room to go out. I respect your opinion but I am skeptical that this is the cause of my issues.

Track map - I guess 8/9 corners

You’re down 400 rpm (20)

The -400 is at a different spot on the track.

1 Like

Ah I see now

20 char

Unfortunately my Alfano gets confused about starting line.

I can understand skepticism, but you have to understand that one setup alone even at the same track is not always fast. So maybe the weather on the days you were going wide worked with that setup but maybe now it doesnt. Its worth giving it a shot, if you dont want to cut your expensinve axle buy a mondokart axle and cut it. Worth a shot but unless its the motor or an obvious chassis defect a major shop cannot setup your kart to be fast forever.