Tipping Out of Seat

I read this book in the last few weeks as I am also new to sprint karting, a very good reference book to keep in the trailer also.

I am struggling with my 13 year old daughter keeping pace also, brand new to karting and i am afraid her fear level is too high for karting, may have started her too late or too early.

Her first race this past weekend resulted in several spins and other lapping her, sometimes at the wrong time. I can just encourage her the best I can to keep going.

That is a tough age. More than likely she is with kids that have been doing this, but we all had to start somewhere. Practice. Pratctice, practice. Get her to the point she isn’t spinning then work on pace. Racing is not the best way to build confidence, track time by herself or with you will help get her there though.

1 Like

I threw Nick to the wolves as a first time racer in junior at 13. It was fascinating (and a privilege) watching a young person find the courage to do this. It was not easy, I am sure.

If she decides she wants to see this through, she will surprise you. I don’t know what her motivation may end up being (if that’s what she chooses) but it might not be what you think. It might just be being with you.

2 Likes