(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

It’s been a few days since you posted, but I have some feedback for the video. In turn 1 and 2 it looks like you’re trying to stay to the inside for the entire thing, try to push out to the middle mid turn and then hit the inside curb for the second apex out to 3. With turn 4 (hairpin) you don’t need to hold the kart to the inside on exit, try to exit on the outside and get to the middle of the track for 5. It looks like you’re doing good through the middle section of the track. The final corner is very unforgiving, a late apex kills entry (and exit) speed and an early apex pushes the kart beyond the pit entrance. Try to back up the entry and slow your turn in, slowing your hand movements should help you carry more speed through the corner and should help the oversteer on exit.

I highly recommend the PKA/OSKCS winter races if you are wanting to get more experience. Unless it’s raining, there’s usually 10-11 206 karts and a few WFs that show up regularly. It’s a great opportunity to get seat time and to meet some of the other drivers in the area.

Big Congrats to my brother Chris for winning KA masters @ Stars Championship Series last weekend.

My weekend was uncharacteristic on many levels and ended in a moment of poor judgement where I locked up and took myself and a fellow competitor out which I’m still gutted about, more for him than for me.

Here was the real highlight for me and a fun watch, This was Heat 1 Saturday starting last after elf oil separated in the cold in qualifying leading to Chris and I not turning a single lap.

Also can watch the Broadcast here: Forward to 2:05:40

2 Likes

Nice drive in the Heat 1 video! My favorite part is 4:03 - guy looks behind him and sees the Kutschernator: then, at 4:13 - he just points you by. :rofl: Smart move on his part to understand the situation and not let his ego slow you both down. :+1:

2 Likes

First day with a 360 camera and first time in an OTK.

2 Likes

I will give a big nod to the guys in that group for having a great head on their shoulders and understanding who their race is with and not with by the time we got further into the weekend.

I had a mechanical that didn’t allow me to even start the pre-final on Sunday putting me dead last on the field again in the final and many of the competitors were kind enough to come up to me on the grid and tell me that all I have to do is show them a nose when I get there and they will cleanly let me through and try to follow me from there. That was a really refreshing take on things. I didn’t run video Sunday, was too focused on everything else going on and it would have been a good one had it not ended with a regretful mistake on my part.

1 Like

Nice driving! You didn’t stay in back for long at all. Your pace was fierce:

Sweet pass at 5:37. I like how you wrapped kerb with fronts make it stick. My apex!

Reeling it in

Nice patience getting by 292 for lead.

I think the folks learning this one would benefit from watching this. You do a very good job of not overdriving into the corners. You always seem to be back on throttle earlier and well balanced, making good speed on exit, stable. The chicane stands out in that regard to me. You are decelerating earlier and creeping the throttle through. You then have a mini lift to get the 2nd half (right) which keeps you from being wide. This stands in contrast to some of the other folks footage where they are sending too hard there. Point is, you keep it gripped up and in the heart of the rubber, pretty much. Something for the others to emulate, maybe.

I think we need a KP leaderboard for this track. So many members seem to race there.

You stomped that heat. Made it look like a club race. Danielli must have been gutted when your brother also managed to zip by in the final moments.

Thanks a ton for this feedback! I really appreciate it! I will definitely try out a wider line through turn 2. What I was finding is that I was entering turn 1 too shallow from way wide on the track. That was basically flattening between turns 1 and 2 which lacked that “slingshot” feeling I can get when I enter a bit closer in to turn 1, rise up and then swing down to the apex of turn 2. But, I like your line suggestion and I will give that a shot!

Yeah the last corner it tricky! You can carry way more speed than you might think but like you said, the line is pretty razor thin. I will definitely work on backing that corner up next time out!

I am very interested in the winter series around here. Where is the best place to find info on that?

Thanks again!

The first 3-4 turns of the track take some time to figure out, experimenting with lines through there will definitely let you find some speed. On the video you already looked consistent, all you need to do is to find what works best for you.

Portland Karting Association might have some information about the winter races on their website, but I’m not entirely sure if it is updated yet. Don Holmboe at CMC will most likely have the schedule and more information about it, he is usually in charge of the winter racing.

Which 360 camera? Seems to have better stability than the ones I’ve seen in the past.

Here’s my front row seat for the back-to-front run in the first heat.

1 Like

Nice race to you both!

This remains my favorite moment:

Such a nice pass.

Congrats on the win @Kutschca! Awesome run, and fantastic pace all weekend @Andy_Kutscher. Bummer on all the bad luck, though I think you cursed your weekend after the emphatic heat race celebration :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s just a GoPro Max

Don is who I bought my used 2019 Kosmic Kart from! He has helped me a ton getting off the ground! I’ll be sure to stop in and chat him up about the Winter Series. Thanks!

Hi guys, come and join me for a lap in my home track Kart Ring Klippan in Sweden!

Been driving there since 2005, never get tired of this track. Technical and fast

2 Likes

Thank you. It was a crazy weekend of emotional highs and lows both on and off track so it was very rewarding to bring home the victory. I also went the wrong way on chassis tuning for the final so just kinda hanging on out front as the times fell off.

1 Like

Subbed! Nice lap. What kart brand are you driving f?

Wow, thank you for that!

Energy kart with a TM KZ10C and LeCont SVC tires

Easy to setup :grin:

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken the way to ensure good looking videos in YouTube is to upload 4k even if you shot it in 1080 or whatever. That means there will be some additional compression since you are using a film editor program like racerender or hitfilm to process the video.

I can’t think of how to turn lower res to higher res on upload to YouTube other than giving it a 4k file.

@hallkbrdz

Of interest, perhaps

1 Like